Jollygoodfellow

Reminder. Do not be in the company of a minor alone

British caught traveling with minor, nabbed

A BRITISH national was arrested at 4 p.m. Thursday, October 18, for bringing a 14-year-old Filipina girl, who is not his relative, to Puerto del Sur Port in Barangay Liloan, Santander, Cebu.

The suspect was identified as Sebastian Lai Cole, 33 while the girl hails from Barangay Madridejos, Alegria.

Investigation showed that Cole employed the girl as his tourist guide in Dumaguete City. He also asked the girl to accompany him for the renewal of his Visa.

The tourist police and anti-trafficking-in-person officer spotted the foreigner at Puerto del Sur Port with the minor who had no relatives accompanying her.

The girl was turned over to the social welfare office in Santander.

A provision in Republic Act 7610, or the Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination, prohibits a foreigner in company with a minor who is not his relative. (KAL)

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1769824

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it 1

Seems pretty foolish for an adult to employ a 14 year old for anything. Especially an adult male employing a 14 year old female. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TimL said:

Seems pretty foolish for an adult to employ a 14 year old for anything. Especially an adult male employing a 14 year old female. 

Unfortunately it happens and we on this forum have spoken about this before as on other Social media BUT do they Listen :shake_80_anim_gif: Ignorance is No excuse and I daresay this man will plead ignorance :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2

Sounds more sinister than foolish

13 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Sounds more sinister than foolish

Agreed but, I was trying to give him the benefit of doubt. 😂

I would not give him the benefit of the doubt or anything else. The problem is that idiots like him give all expats in the Philippines a bad name and also cause grief for those who do have family and go to a Mall or Resto as everyone will imagine the same thing. I applaud the authorities for taking action and I hope others will learn from this and eventually we may be looked upon as proper expats, wanting to live in a beautiful country, with our friends and families and not as sex tourists.

Just my opinion.

Paul

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Just my opinion.

A very valid opinion Paul :smile:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Thank Goodness this is my daughterSiquijor, The monster LOL.jpg But it has been mentioned

• Like 6

'Tour guide'.  Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Idiot, pedo, or both ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, graham59 said:

'Tour guide'.  Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Idiot, pedo, or both ?

Maybe, probably, but since we have no proof we are best not to judge :thumbsup:

• Like 4