nor cal mike

I asked for patience and God sent me to the Philippines

38 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Here I pay them 5 peso it`s worth it.You probably have enough .25 coins and centavos to pay it and make room in your pockets.

A few pesos given with a good attitude goes a long way towards making life less stressful in the PI. In Butuan there are men and boys who wander up and down the streets and for a few pesos will find you a parking spot or stop traffic while you back out. Do I need them? No, but I pay because it’s easier to get in and out and perhaps I’m helping someone make an honest living.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

I’m helping someone make an honest living.

Is it really a honest living or a compulsory payment ?  

39 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Seems to be a cheap and informal form of anti-collision insurance that comes with car ownership here to me.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Good question. Since I see the same people performing this chore on a regular basis I assume this is their way of earning a living. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

Good question. Since I see the same people performing this chore on a regular basis I assume this is their way of earning a living. 

The parking attendants here a registered with the TMO so I would say a way of making a living and you do have the option of not paying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

Yes true but its not like you need a oil change so in this case its like compulsory guidance to park or leave your spot.  Ask to see a certificate of traffic management lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

The parking attendants here a registered with the TMO so I would say a way of making a living and you do have the option of not paying.

Realy?

I bet its the only place anyone is registered. Do they have ID? 

On 2/5/2019 at 10:13 PM, Onemore52 said:

Because the tricycles are king of the road here and drive along at 25kph to save fuel, I drive along at 20kph to conserve fuel and wait till I have a procession of the behind me, then I go home.

Who in the hell told these people that driving along at night without lights on conserves fuel? Or is there some other reason?

Of course,....they are saving electricity!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I also have the option of not paying which I did for a while. Guess I am getting easy in my latter years. I don’t think these guys are registered with anyone, just looking to make a buck. 

• Like 1

I’m not frustrated with parking helpers, however those who run up to my car and start wiping it with a dirty, gritty rag really tests my patience. If I’m stuck in traffic and can’t get away I give them a couple of pesos not to clean my car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1