Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

graham59
Posted
Posted

Another great British name in sports cars was TVR, though a much smaller company that the manufacturers of the old  MGs.

Their 'S' Series, from the late 1980s-early 90s, were 'proper' sports cars, with both V6 (Ford 2.9i Cologne) and the Rover-sourced all -alloy V8. Fibre glass body mounted on a separate tubular steel chassis ...as per all TVRs.  My car was a V6 version, which on the rolling road showed 190 horsepower at the flywheel.  TVRs have a better exhaust/muffler system than the stock Ford motors, plus one or two other small tweaks, hence the extra few horses. 

In this photo I'm actually doing some of the upgrades that I mentioned in my post above... though to an already-excellent handling and stopping car. 

I have stripped the front suspension, in order to fit some new adjustable coil-over dampers, plus up-rated bushes. 

The rear of the car is waiting for me to fit the brake-conversion kit (drums to discs), plus the suspension upgrades. 

If a sports car can't be driven safely in anger, I can't see the point in owning one, to be honest.  

Me working on the S2.jpg

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

2 Great Brit Fords but unfortunately, Both suffered Bonnet ( Hood) Hinge Rust problems;

Consul car.jpg   Zodiac car.jpg :ohmy:

• Like 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Do any of you have a sports car in PI?  Although I'm longing to replace my Porsche, I know there is no point since when would I ever exceed about 80kph.  An older Fiat or MG would fun though, in a slow kinda way. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I'm longing to replace my Porsche, 

Yeah I am the same with my Lamborghini,  Laugh icon.jpg come on let's get real, anything with a  Ground clearance like either of these 2 has not a hope in hell of getting anywhere at much more that 25 kph without Damage, Certainly not in the Provinces

• Like 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

...which is why I said a Fiat or MG....

Yes IDK what people are thinking here with the exotic cars.  Even the super bikes, its like, where would you ever enjoy it

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My everyday Suzuki Ciaz ciaz ( outside).jpg has a low 6 inch Clearance and that is a problem enough, In reality Sports cars have no Place on Negros Hence very few  and those that are here are big Business owners that have Concrete Roads at Home and never venture into Barangays

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

For good ground clearance, I quite fancy one of those slow old 'private owner' Jeeps...er, modified a bit maybe.    :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

For good ground clearance, I quite fancy one of those slow old 'private owner' Jeeps...er, modified a bit maybe.    :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I want... 1,000 hp V-8 jeepney! Goodness I could beat everyone every time when the light changes - even when they run it by 5 seconds!!!:hystery: (joking with you Graham) I will just need to make sure it has 1 foot ground clearance for travel to the provinces...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

My everyday Suzuki Ciaz ciaz ( outside).jpg has a low 6 inch Clearance and that is a problem enough, In reality Sports cars have no Place on Negros Hence very few  and those that are here are big Business owners that have Concrete Roads at Home and never venture into Barangays

That's a nice looking car, Jack... any problems with parts or service there in Dumaguete?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

That's a nice looking car, Jack... any problems with parts or service there in Dumaguete?

Absolutely none in the three years we have had her :smile:

• Like 1