Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I am impressed. Would love to drive a car with this engine in just once - bucket list wish I know I will never realize. Put this in one of your x-box cars, @graham59?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/hennessey-venom-f5s-engine-makes-1817-hp-fury-comes-standard/ar-AAI7uW8

a yellow and black motorcycle

Wow!  Can you imagine 1100 lbs of torque!

Noticed a Jay Leno video about the 2012.  It is only capable of 1200 hp.  Very informative video interview with Hennessey.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, they have a lot to thank good old British 'Lotus' for.  :wink:

Very impressive !  Sadly not in the line-up on the Xbox, though I do have Saleens and an SSC 'Ultimate Aero' to play with... if talking American hypercars.  :dance:

Looking back.... with a very fast car, at Suzuka GP track in Japan... noticed while I was scanning my YouTube just now.  Don't know why I had the braking arrows on the corners (for newbies) turned on, but never mind.  I use a steering wheel and foot pedals, plus manual gears.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy 'pretending' . :biggrin:

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Wrangler

Image027.jpg

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Another classic up for sale, plus if you look at the other picture there are a few cars that I use to have .just over £12000 for this model .

9C8C9A8A-C949-4DBC-895C-9AC5E3ED59C8.jpegDF64E92A-6EB5-49E8-B735-C41F63F8F3F0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

They can have the horrid rubber bumpers and raised suspension (for the US market) back for starters.

I might give a few thousand for an earlier V8 model. Friend of mine used to own one back in the day.  The other (heavy) MGB GTs, you can keep. Give me a chrome bumper/fender convertible, maybe.  :thumbsup:

ebay35955.jpg

1965-MGB-Roadster-000-820x547.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

Here is another beautiful car, a Hillman super minx just under £9000 .

1D7B62F9-DEF6-4F3C-8303-8D21211763FC.jpeg8DD5C827-76B5-41A4-949B-ADBC7220CAF8.jpegAC1F250F-B3CA-4AB8-9A62-2115AB311154.jpeg11B0A590-A435-4C42-95BB-66BE51B7A1F1.jpeg

• Like 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
On 10/6/2019 at 7:26 PM, graham59 said:

They can have the horrid rubber bumpers and raised suspension (for the US market) back for starters.

I might give a few thousand for an earlier V8 model. Friend of mine used to own one back in the day.  The other (heavy) MGB GTs, you can keep. Give me a chrome bumper/fender convertible, maybe.  :thumbsup:

ebay35955.jpg

1965-MGB-Roadster-000-820x547.jpg

There's a beautifully done MGB roadster with a V6 conversion right now on BAT.  Looks like it would be a whole lot of fun!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-mg-mgb-44/

Backdated bumpers are nice, and the subtle fender flares seem to really fit it perfectly.  Would not have thought so.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Good effort on that white one, but I see no mention of any (extremely important IMO) suspension upgrades...coil-overs, and stiffer bushes, for example. Plus, the braking upgrade is minimal. Then there is the new weight distribution. Hmm.

Presumably built to be cruised gently around town.  :unsure:

• Like 1