Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

Much as I am loyal to British makes of cars Steve, I have to say that Toyota make (or made) damned good motor vehicles... their engines especially,  being top notch. :thumbsup:

Hang on to your old friend the Avensis, Steve.  Lovely cars they are anyway. 

Most modern Toyotas in the U.S. will run forever if you take care of them.  I only owned one for a year or so, an old Corolla, and it was reliable.  I have one memory of that car that stuck.  I was early 20's I think, and liked to know how my car would handle in a skid.  In a pouring rain on a deserted wide industrial road, I took it up to about 60 mph, slammed on the brakes and spun it.  I tried to correct but no go.  Spun once or twice around on the slick road.  I'm lucky I didn't flip the darn thing!  Young and dumb, I was!

I had two friends who were medical sales reps and their cars were their way to get to clients, across all the Western U.S..  This was late 90's.  They both had boring but dependable Toyota Camrys.  They both kept them for over 200k miles, and never had issues.  They both upgraded to Lexus and now still have had those for years, I think.  I think my friend's son still drives one of the Camrys and it must have a lot more miles now.  

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, graham59 said:

Much as I am loyal to British makes of cars Steve, I have to say that Toyota make (or made) damned good motor vehicles... their engines especially,  being top notch. :thumbsup:

Hang on to your old friend the Avensis, Steve.  Lovely cars they are anyway. 

Yes it’s been a good car, and it will be put through another MOT this coming February while we are in the Philippines, hopefully all will be well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Just saw this on You Tube and was wondering if that first one was @Old55 on his way to work in Seattle?  That is a Dodge, right?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sadly I sold the SRT8 last September Don. Truly miss dusting off Corvettes what a fun ride.

My son is getting his drivers license so need something more practical.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Nice car.

ebay319526.jpg

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

My partially restored 1994 Honda Accord.

20150626_171950.jpg

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I finally got that classic Covette I've been wanting!

1973.1967-CORVETTE-STINGRAY-JET-BOAT.jpg

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

That's weird... but also beautiful. :smile:

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Everybody has one here in Auckland!  Passed by the first one, got in our car  and another was just across from us.  Bentley SUV of some sort.

20200102_171753.jpg

20200102_171805.jpg

20200102_171828.jpg

20200102_171943.jpg

• Sad 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Most rugged car I have ever had! Been around that long too!

Flinstone.jpg

• Haha 4