old us dollar series 1996 2003 2006

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Evie said:

since my old us notes are no longer accepted in Malaysia,

You said they are no longer accepted at the Money Changers.  They are different from banks.  The notes are still legal currency in the USA so your Malaysian bank may accept them.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I wonder how much is involved - that would influence which option is the best/viable?

Evie
Posted
Posted

@Dave Hounddriver  I contacted my regular bank guy (relationship manager) and he will ask his bank for me.  Hopefully will have good news... keep my finger crossed 🤞 Thank you so much for yr great advice 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻  Now I now where to head to 😉

@robert k thanks for the warm welcome.  In here really makes me feel safer (at least to know my dollar is still valid and stand a chance to exchange them) 🙏🏻 thank you.  Luckily my dollars are in superb condition with no scribble or marks.  

I will update you guys once I get more info from t bank.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Evie said:

Oh, my apologies.  i had these us dollar with me for quite some times.  I never thought of using them cos i thought us dollar can be kept for emergency use. 

Few days ago, i took them out and went to the money changer in Malaysia but they say they dont accept them because they are old notes.  This is when i panic.  I tried other money changer but to no avail.  I googled and found out that lots of countries dont take these old series of us dollar which I wasnt aware at all.  

All I know is they are still usable in USA  but I am not going there.  Then I heard my friend said Philippines still accept.  That's why I am asking if they really accept.  If they do, its easier to fly in there instead of USA.  

The condition of the note is very good cos it was kept aside all the while.  Hopefully somebody can gv me insight if they still accept.  Thanks in advance.

I'll buy them from you for 50cnts on the dollar. :wink: Just joking. They are still good. Any bank or pawn shop will take them in the Phills. You might have to wait a few days for them to verify that they are not fake but it should be no problem. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Any bank or pawn shop will take them in the Phills.

And the Arizona Kid will pay for your trip to the Philippines if he is wrong.  Be sure to get his contact info before paying for your trip. :hystery::571c66d400c8c_1(103):  Truth is, if they will take them at a Philippine bank then they will take them at a bank in Singapore so save yourself a trip.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And the Arizona Kid will pay for your trip to the Philippines if he is wrong.  Be sure to get his contact info before paying for your trip. :hystery::571c66d400c8c_1(103):  Truth is, if they will take them at a Philippine bank then they will take them at a bank in Singapore so save yourself a trip.

And if the OP has over $10000 better declare when bringing into the Philippines. 

Evie
Posted
Posted

@Dave Hounddriver yes that’s true.  The thing is I’m currently in east of Malaysia so Philippines is a better choice for me now.  That’s why I am digging for reliable info before actually take any action.  My banker still hasn’t contact me ... guess will have to stay put for the moment.  If someone is in Philippines preferably Manila (more convenient .... fly in change the money and out) can help me ask any money changer if they accept, that will be the best 😉.  Bank is an alternative but a bit troublesome  tho, as I’m a housewife so.... in Malaysia when you deposit an amount of rm10000 or more they will ask lots of question 😅 it’s just the procedure.  And they made it even hard for someone to apply for loan.  That’s why the younger generation will have a hard time buying their own home...long story 

@Arizona Kid I’ll need your name and contacts so I can claim my expenses from you 🙃 kidding.  How come you are so confident they still accept old notes? 

@Jollygoodfellow thanks for reminding me.  😇

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My contact information is Fort Leavenworth Kansas, inmate no. 702-4896. Or just call them and ask for AK.!!:2245_safe:

• Haha 1