American volunteer shot

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

I would also not be comfortable with my wife getting involved in politics at a local level either. You would likely be looked on as tbe power behind the throne.

During Yolanda, there was a female barangay captain who designated the local school as the safe place to go during the storm.  The storm flooded the school and killed all those who went there for safety.  She felt horrible about it.  The rest of the story is that her husband is an American expat whom I knew casually.  That part of the story was never brought out.  So the moral is:  Sometimes the husband is just the husband.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

In Manila I've been informed that one of the main Chinese International schools has been told that if any student openly supports the Hong Kong citizens they will be kicked out of the school. 

• Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

In Manila I've been informed that one of the main Chinese International schools has been told that if any student openly supports the Hong Kong citizens they will be kicked out of the school. 

2 Cathay Pacific pilots were fired this week for their involvement in the protests!

Noe of this should be a surprise to anyone, China is not a democracy and does not support free speech.  Hong Kong is a Chinese city and, despite the 1 country 2 systems policy, nobody can expect the Chinese authorities to allow such open protest against them and their basic principles.  

• Like 3