British guy and wife kidnapped

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Tommy t wrote that , I was just quoting his post lol 

I saw a video of one of the guys being beheaded   poor bloke, the sawed his head of with a bolo 

Sorry, didn't notice that. Maybe when Prez Duterte finishes solving the traffic problem, he will focus on the insurgents that continue to harass any form of govt that tries to better the life of the average Filipino!:Happy: 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Personally it's all about the flight or fight response  ,if you are on your boat ,you potentially have "weapons " at your disposal ,a parachute flare fired at an attacker,  might have the desired response, especially if you manage to hit one if them 

Those are good thoughts, Baston... but weapons like that are not always readily available like in the movies. Remember that this took place at night and was a total surprise to everyone.

Yeah... I had flares and a 12 gauge flare gun on the yacht, but it was not readily available when I had the yacht moored in a "safe and secure" marina. From what the couple who were attacked but resisted told me, it was just so sudden and unexpected. He told me he just didn't feel right about the attack - as in it was not just a robbery, but abduction - and that's why he and his wife resisted. Apparently the attackers were not prepared to deal with resistance and so moved to another target down the dock. They abducted the other people through intimidation and threats.

A couple of years ago there was another story about a couple on their yacht in Sulu Sea somewhere. They had actually been abducted near Somalia a few years before, but apparently never learned from that. Anyway, they were accosted wherever they were in Sulu Sea area... He was taken hostage and she was killed when shooting at the attackers with a handgun. Eventually I think he was killed too... Stubborn German this time, I believe?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Those are good thoughts, Baston... but weapons like that are not always readily available like in the movies. Remember that this took place at night and was a total surprise to everyone.

Yeah... I had flares and a 12 gauge flare gun on the yacht, but it was not readily available when I had the yacht moored in a "safe and secure" marina. From what the couple who were attacked but resisted told me, it was just so sudden and unexpected. He told me he just didn't feel right about the attack - as in it was not just a robbery, but abduction - and that's why he and his wife resisted. Apparently the attackers were not prepared to deal with resistance and so moved to another target down the dock. They abducted the other people through intimidation and threats.

A couple of years ago there was another story about a couple on their yacht in Sulu Sea somewhere. They had actually been abducted near Somalia a few years before, but apparently never learned from that. Anyway, they were accosted wherever they were in Sulu Sea area... He was taken hostage and she was killed when shooting at the attackers with a handgun. Eventually I think he was killed too... Stubborn German this time, I believe?

Getting caught by surprise is always a risk , as far as the German guy goes , I'd much rather have a quick death with bullets than to wait 12 months and have my head sawn off by a bollo , I did manage to flow a link to the video of one of the canadians from samal being executed 

• Love it 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Wow, wow.  Unexpected happy ending.  Can't wait to hear more details. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Yes ,great news ,ive just read it ,the couple have been freed 

Looks like it was abu sayef according to the bulitin

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 10/13/2019 at 11:10 PM, bastonjock said:

Getting caught by surprise is always a risk , as far as the German guy goes , I'd much rather have a quick death with bullets than to wait 12 months and have my head sawn off by a bollo , I did manage to flow a link to the video of one of the canadians from samal being executed 

If I had a choice between getting my head sawn off by a bollo while I was still alive, or bullets. I would choose the bullets.:mellow:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:
On 10/13/2019 at 11:10 PM, bastonjock said:

If I had a choice between getting my head sawn off by a bollo while I was still alive, or bullets. I would choose the bullets

Since they just got rescued, you may have regretted that choice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Since they just got rescued, you may have regretted that choice.

Yes that is a possibility,  but the odds are heavily against being rescued

• Like 2