Flu Shots

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is what I picked up at the local Watsons.  Tommy, do you know which flu shot you got? Their flu shots are cheap but the pneumonia is expensive.

20200806_122957.jpg

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Here is what I picked up at the local Watsons.  Tommy, do you know which flu shot you got? Their flu shots are cheap but the pneumonia is expensive.

Sorry, OMW, I thought I posted that already. We got the Quadravalent.

Yeah... our flu shots were 725 but the pneumonia was 5,002. I think that is about what I paid last year at the same Watsons.

The unfortunate thing is that, on Saturday, L got the pneumonia shot, the PCV13. This is the one normally given to young children in USA and elsewhere because it is supposedly easily tolerated. A reminder that last year, I got the other one, PPSV23, that is given to adults, particularly those of us over 60.

On Sunday, she developed a swelling under her chin that is rather hard. We cannot be sure whether it has changed or not since then, but it is not painful, does not cause breathing or other issues and is not red or warm to the touch. But we are concerned enough that I finally took her to see a doctor at the best hospital here and I am still waiting to hear what she tells me about it. I did some quick online research and the only side effect even close simply states that there may be some facial swelling in an allergic reaction...

Other than a sore - and later a bit numb - arm, she feels fine with no fever, no other problems. I will update as we learn more...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

20200806_122957.jpg

I forgot to mention, as per the very bottom of the flyer, no good for my kids.  18 and above only.