Sockets

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Gary D said:

No but the mother in law would lend things out in our absence. Everything in the Philippines is considered shered property and being the rich foreigners house it's the most likely place to find things worthwhile borrowing.

Just like the rest of the Pacific Islands... They really share the same values - it is amazing how that has spread across thousands of ocean miles...

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

The problem with fitting UK sockets is you would have to use an adapter to enable you to use local plugs.

I will be fitting a few of these ones which are widely available here in the Philippines. You can plug in just about any type of plugs you will find on appliances here, which are commonly US style two pin, US style three pin, and two pin round plugs. So you can plug in any UK plug as well.

Saves on having multiple adapters and/or extension leads trailing around the place.

6A6E998D-F6A0-47E7-ABBB-56F4155D22A4-2574-000002BF187CE0F8.jpeg

That's what I have in the kitchen, I plug me English toaster, kettle and rice cooker in. 

• Like 5

jimeve
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

Could I fit a English socket into the house that we are making over, this would save us having to bring plugs when we visit in the future, there are sockets and light fitting already fitted but are not used just yet, so I could bring some new sockets from screwfix and could I replace a few of those that are already fitted.

You can buy universal sockets over here, I have them in the kitchen for my British appliances. Also can be used for Philippines appliances.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Just curious... what is the configuration of British plugs and sockets?

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Just curious... what is the configuration of British plugs and sockets?

Live, neutral and an earth. Maybe Gary can explain better? 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

Live, neutral and an earth. Maybe Gary can explain better? 

Sorry, Jim... I meant the physical configuration - what do they look like?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry, Jim... I meant the physical configuration - what do they look like?

They have two prongs at the bottom, they are live and neutral and at the top they have one prong which is the earth.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

They have two prongs at the bottom, they are live and neutral and at the top they have one prong which is the earth.

So this is the same as USA? Perhaps you could take a photo if that is not too much trouble? I am just curious about British verses Philippines and USA...

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

So this is the same as USA? Perhaps you could take a photo if that is not too much trouble? I am just curious about British verses Philippines and USA...

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1