Sockets

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

image.jpeg

Okay, thanks! It is very similar to the local high amperage sockets/plugs. That looks very robust.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jimeve said:

image.jpeg

Thanks for the pics... Very clear now.

Are those actually circuit breakers built in or just switches for the sockets?

Edited by Tommy T.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay, thanks! It is very similar to the local high amperage sockets/plugs. That looks very robust.

They are, some older folk have problems pulling them out.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

They are, some older folk have problems pulling them out.

That's why we prefer younger partners...? Well, maybe one reason, only?

• Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Steve, just a reminder that the Philippines is 60 Hertz and the UK is 50 Hz.  May not be a big deal to some but can really shorten the life of some appliances.  Also I think they will run hotter which = $

Voltage, Frequency and Plug/Outlet Type in Philippines. Electricity in Philippines is 220 Volts, alternating at 60 cycles per second. If you travel to Philippines with a device that does not accept 220 Volts at 60 Hertz, you will need a voltage converter.

In England the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. You can use your electric appliances in England, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220 - 240 V (as is in the UK, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa).

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

In England the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz

Voltage in The UK was 240v, since 2003 it has been 230 V to be harmonised with Europe.

Edited by jimeve
  • Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

My advice Steve, buy the better universal socket here, to take all types of plugs, but pay a little more and get the screw terminals, dont go for the push fit connectors, they are crap and work loose over time if you are plugging and removing plugs, same with light switches buy the screw type connectors

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Those universal plates are fairly new so weren't available when I built our first house. The UK outlets are available with in-built RCBs and another advantage with the plugs is the the live pin is internally fused. You can get the removable fuses from 1-13 amps to suit the load.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

You could always just fix new plugs from Philippines to fit? Or would that be too easy?:smile:

They also sell lots of plug adapters in the hardware stores here...

Never ever done any work like this in another country the easiest thing I thought was to ask those who have gone before me , that way you can save time and money I hope, plus you may find something that you have never thought about, is that what the forum is for.

• Like 2