Fresh Milk!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That California Sunshine milk at S&R is actually UHT of some sort.  Are you talking about another one?

On the rare occasions I buy milk, I just buy the boxed, non-refrigerated, milk. Seemed like an odd concept, but over here it does make sense. 

My sister-in-law just sent me a can(?!) of butter from Malaysia (but from New Zealand).  I never heard of that before. I just opened it last night and it seemed pretty good. (I did refrigerate it after opening.)   :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

My sister-in-law just sent me a can(?!) of butter from Malaysia (but from New Zealand).  I never heard of that before. I just opened it last night and it seemed pretty good. (I did refrigerate it after opening.)   :tiphat:

I have kept unopened canned butter from New Zealand for years and it is wonderful even then - as good as or better than fresh bought. New Zealand dairy products are very good.

Edited by Tommy T.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

New Zealand dairy products are very good.

Yes, I will be going on the fresh New Zealand dairy products diet in about 3 weeks!  :smile:

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

On the rare occasions I buy milk, I just buy the boxed, non-refrigerated, milk.

I have cereal and fruit with milk for breakfast most mornings, I mostly buy Nestle UHT milk (which the family calls fresh milk *shrug*).

It's as good as any UHT milk I've had in Australia (but not as good as farm fresh pasturized milk).

• Love it 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I have cereal and fruit with milk for breakfast most mornings, I mostly buy Nestle UHT milk (which the family calls fresh milk *shrug*).

It's as good as any UHT milk I've had in Australia (but not as good as farm fresh pasturized milk).

Nestle is good boxed milk. Magnolia ain't bad either. Cowhead also.:smile:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Try Devondale if you can find it.  Our SM Supermarket carries it most of the time.  To me, it has the most natural taste of the boxed UHT.  Second is Nestle.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Try Devondale if you can find it.  Our SM Supermarket carries it most of the time.  To me, it has the most natural taste of the boxed UHT.  Second is Nestle.

We tend to use Nestle, Tried Selecta but seemed a strange blown colour.

Rayj
Posted
Posted

I’m a big milk drinker and I need my cereal in the morning. I’ll be checking out these and the New Zealand products at the end of this coming week. I’m glad we have an S&R now, similar to our Costco at home. I had the carabao milk one time and it was delicious. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Nestle is good boxed milk. Magnolia ain't bad either. Cowhead also.:smile:

Be careful, though, about Magnolia butter - it has at least one ingredient (besides salt) so it is not pure butter (check the ingredients on the package). It's the same with other non-Kiwi butters that I have checked. I don't remember what that other ingredient is - I am sure not dangerous, but I want only the pure stuff. I only buy Anchor butter.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Be careful, though, about Magnolia butter - it has at least one ingredient (besides salt) so it is not pure butter (check the ingredients on the package). It's the same with other non-Kiwi butters that I have checked. I don't remember what that other ingredient is - I am sure not dangerous, but I want only the pure stuff. I only buy Anchor butter.

I just returned from grocery shopping. The Magnolia and other local butters all seem to contain skim milk powder in addition to the pure butter. It should be fine, but I want the real thing.

• Hmm thinking 1