Not another building project

Mick
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, stevewool said:

Still away on our holiday / vacation / break and we had a phone call from the workers today that they are not at work because of the rain in Marikina , but hopefully they should be back on Monday weather permitting, they have finished most of the work but have to make more scaffolding to paint the rear of the house, be interesting to see what it is like when we get back late Monday.

Yes Steve been heavy rain here since Friday.. Spoiled my nights out... 😭

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

8 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Well lots have been done and still little bits left to do, I recon today and then tomorrow and the builders will have done all we are wanting plus the money has ran out.

Looks good, Steve! Well done!

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Looks good, Steve! Well done!

Thanks Tommy.

• Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

What sort of steps are you going to use for roof access Steve... steel ?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

What sort of steps are you going to use for roof access Steve... steel ?

Nothing , there are wooden home made steps there at the moment, plus I have the metal ladder for safety to get up there and that’s how it will stay until the next time we are here, maybe someone else will put something there once we have left for the uk, rope I hope :whistling:

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Okay mate... got it. :wink:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well yesterday evening before sunset I was on the roof deck priming the metal work ready for the top coat and this morning I was up before the birds ready for it to get light so I can put the top coat on before it gets to hot up there.

So just around 6 am I was painting away and the Sara Sara shop on the corner was open and busy with folk sitting having there morning drink, then suddenly I could hear the song ( Head shoulders knees and toes ) , yes that’s right and it was being played quite loudly, I had to get up and look and there was a baby in a baby walker trying to get around by themselves while maybe listening to there favourite song, it got me swaying a bit while holding my paintbrush I tell you.

Its more fun in the Philippines.

• Haha 3