Posted
Posted

What's it going to be Steve? Shade?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

What's it going to be Steve? Shade?

It’s two things in my mind Jim, first thing it’s a long canopy to hopefully stop the rain hitting the windows and doors on that side of the house as her dad just put up temporarily ones that worked but was ugly, the second is it’s not a carport design that they insisted on .

It may work as shade but did not think of that one , we are hoping that once it’s all dry it may look nice on this box shape of a house.

What are your thoughts As a painter yourself we are looking at painting around each door and window about 6 inches of the same colour as the balcony’s , it will be gray in colour as the rest of the house will be all white , just trying to break up a big white blob , or leave alone.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Another day closer to the purse being empty, but the cement has been layered and the standard handprints and writing set in there too, I nearly had my face print in there too as Emma let my legs go while hanging through the window.

Looking from above it certainly looks different so once the batons are all down maybe Saturday we shall see it from a ground view , the pink building is being demolished tomorrow I am being told.

E93BB1BF-88E0-4852-837B-2FFE55BC98D1.jpeg9638AC79-3A19-42A0-BE29-789169C4C050.jpeg08C3F5D2-8872-48F1-9F76-4CF91C3AB72B.jpegE8BD507D-0C7D-41BE-BA04-B3F52AED104C.jpeg252BDEBF-BA10-4035-A5FB-22B596FF8B97.jpeg 

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

It can be a 'bicycle port' Steve.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, graham59 said:

It can be a 'bicycle port' Steve.  :biggrin:

I am sure it will be used for lots of things when we are not here .

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

It’s two things in my mind Jim, first thing it’s a long canopy to hopefully stop the rain hitting the windows and doors on that side of the house as her dad just put up temporarily ones that worked but was ugly, the second is it’s not a carport design that they insisted on .

It may work as shade but did not think of that one , we are hoping that once it’s all dry it may look nice on this box shape of a house.

What are your thoughts As a painter yourself we are looking at painting around each door and window about 6 inches of the same colour as the balcony’s , it will be gray in colour as the rest of the house will be all white , just trying to break up a big white blob , or leave alone.

I'd would paint it white same colour as the house. Just a note, you should not paint it for 2 months, it must be left for efflorescence to escape.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The old building is being knocked down today and the difference between myself and the rest of the folk in this house is so different.

Myself  let’s get everything ready for the workers to start straight away, move everything and keep out of the way.

There way just sit there in the way of the workers so they cannot get going then when asked to move they move to another spot so the other worker cannot start, then once they have moved into the house then the workers start smashing down the walls but only until the people in the house opens the doors to see the progress , talk about SHUT THAT DOOR. Have they got no common sense I wonder.

graham59
Posted
Posted

My wife and our 4 year-old go off up to the family farm, or elsewhere, when guys are working on our house.

I wouldn't have expected to see little kids running around the construction sites I used to work on, and it won't be happening at our home either. :rolleyes:  

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, stevewool said:

Have they got no common sense I wonder.

Short answer, NO!!! :laugh:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Today is sorting out a blocked drain from the kitchen sink, yes after a 10 meter long hole was dug to get this pipe out as it was blocked with 4 years of food and fat, yes and everyone thought it was funny except me and the so called cleaner was blaming visitors to the house for doing this, well again he had me barking at him as he did not take responsibility, but it amazes me still how everyone else thinks it’s ok .

Hay ho life in the family home is not for me .