Not another building project

Gary D
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, stevewool said:

We have these LED lighting in all rooms , not the bulbs but like sealed unit and I think they are great, I have noticed that when it’s the middle of the night and it’s dark they seem to have a very faint glow coming from them , but as soon as it becomes light the glow has gone , has anyone else notice this or is my eyes playing tricks.

Normal, just poor Philippine wiring and accessories.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gary D said:

Normal, just poor Philippine wiring and accessories.

No I don’t think it’s got anything to do with the wiring , but then again who knows

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, stevewool said:

No I don’t think it’s got anything to do with the wiring , but then again who knows

You could try removing one of those lights and check for stray A/C voltage across the wires when switched off and glowing. Or you might check at the switch(es)? It could be because there is no ground connection.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

You could try removing one of those lights and check for stray A/C voltage across the wires when switched off and glowing. Or you might check at the switch(es)? It could be because there is no ground connection.

It doesn't take much voltage to forward bias an LED, 0.5V from memory.

I agree with Tommy T, a small amount of A/C voltage difference across the wires could cause the slight glow you're seeing.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GeoffH said:

It doesn't take much voltage to forward bias an LED, 0.5V from memory.

I agree with Tommy T, a small amount of A/C voltage difference across the wires could cause the slight glow you're seeing.

I refer you to my previous answer. Not aimed at you Geoff

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Since being back from our little break the house has come on in leaps and bounds , the insides have all been done and the roof deck will be finished today after it was sealed and now there has been around 4 inches of cement with some white mixture added plus the drains has been reset so hopefully no more leaking roof, the workers have asked what to do next so it’s the overhang down the side of the building to do, then it’s painting the outside , Ems want white plus Grey and has asked me to get my magic pen out and do some drawings , here are a few pictures of the roof and inside paint job.Not to sure about the front wall colourB6F60D60-DF6C-41C2-BB0A-7A17E9B8228A.jpeg95F12458-F9C6-4924-BDDA-3B3B07666246.jpeg044A871F-EFA7-41B6-B297-5185B48E6B67.jpeg0B6EF8A6-0C25-44F2-9DE1-C0B7BFE8BDDA.jpeg0F352D40-1074-4C8B-BD75-2004DFB18F12.jpeg , it could become a blank canvas for the spray can gang 

• Like 5

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

That's looking really good Stevewool!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

the insides have all been done and the roof deck will be finished today after it was sealed and now there has been around 4 inches of cement with some white mixture added plus the drains has been reset so hopefully no more leaking roof, the workers have asked what to do next so it’s the overhang down the side of the building

The white mixture could be sahra, it's a waterproofing agent. I do like the colour of the sala, I might paint mine that colour next time.

Looking great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

Ems want white plus Grey and has asked me to get my magic pen out and do some drawings , here are a few pictures of the roof and inside paint job.

That looks really great Steve! Nicely done. Interesting paint job on the roof - sort of like dry swimming pool lanes?

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

The white mixture could be sahra, it's a waterproofing agent. I do like the colour of the sala, I might paint mine that colour next time.

Looking great.

Yes Sahra it is, yes the colour is nice it was not our first choice we wanted the same colour all through out , but after the bedroom and bathroom had been painted we would have had to wait up to a week for new stock so it was a rush to the shops and got this colour maroon and it’s a warming Colour

Edited by stevewool
Spelling
  • Like 1