Viking
Posted
Posted

I really like that wood-look of the tiles :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Yesterday the workers finished of the wall with there cement and now it just wants smoothing and that will be today, but last night I said to Ems that’s a great colour for that one wall a dark gray and she was thinking the same thing too.

So are we going to have a big bold statement as a wall, plus she did say a few of my black and white pictures would look good on that wall too, well she still has that smooth way of pulling me in, anyway we shall see.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Dust , dust and more bloody dust everywhere, sanding walls sanding ceiling and the dust just keeps on falling everywhere, I brought some dust masks but the workers refused to wear them as they cannot breath so the say, so they are wearing there teeshirts over there nose and mouths , but hopefully it’s all done or maybe tomorrow I cannot tell it all looks the same to me now. 
Another 2 weeks work they have told us to complete what we have asked from them, but Emma’s list is not finished yet, she want the down stairs painted , the outside painted , some sort of extension on the roof , car port , nippy hut, and on it goes, well I am afraid most of that will not be done unless I get my hands dirty and paint downstairs but after a few words today well I am not holding my breath or paint brush.

We have had a on going problem with a outside staircase onto the roof terrace , it will not be done anytime soon so for now there is a wooden handmade ladder there that’s been patched up more times you can think off , but I have offered to make a new one with new wood , but the debates we have had about the design , today was no exception and what got me so pissed of was they was talking in there local language and I could hear it getting angry and then shouting and arms waving and wanting it this way and that way, in the end I just told them it’s my way or no way it’s that simple , or if you want it you pay for it , well you could here a pin drop, and then the words came out in English , we are only making suggestions, well it’s the same suggestions you have made for 2 weeks it’s not happening I said, Emma did try to tell them it’s not going to happen but they can bully her

Anyway it’s been a different day.

625A0597-F165-4502-A9E0-6395F2F4EBAD.jpeg2EBB8150-DE45-4C40-BD48-54C1F0D3EFF2.jpeg07E0F6C0-199D-4716-9515-3D7775A54D28.jpeg 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Ceiling is painted just another 2 sections to finish off and the walls are having there first coat, and yes it’s a different colour but it goes well with everything else. I am so pleased how the ceilings have turned out just how I had imagined .

B0394237-9092-4C7C-B5D9-861DEA1FE0DF.jpeg83CA0B08-DA51-428F-8DD4-E4BDBB75E5D2.jpegCABDC263-B081-46A8-9318-C32C9064EF0C.jpeg0F59BF53-8BB0-46C7-B270-091B83C466BC.jpeg9F511CE4-5EC6-4823-8755-BE08FB60800F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well all the insides have been finished , Emma had the down stairs painted to match upstairs and it does look a lot better , but I wonder how long it will stay like it, roof being done now and after that it’s the windows and doors , we are wanting some sort of overhang to stop the rain from hitting the windows and some of it coming in, better then the car port that is not being built.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Well all the insides have been finished , Emma had the down stairs painted to match upstairs and it does look a lot better , but I wonder how long it will stay like it, roof being done now and after that it’s the windows and doors , we are wanting some sort of overhang to stop the rain from hitting the windows and some of it coming in, better then the car port that is not being built.

I'm not sure what kind of overhang you're thinking of that would stop rain hitting the Windows - you would need either a massive overhang or a window similar to the ones in medieval times mate! Just make sure the windows are well sealed and rain won't get in. We've been in our place 5 years - typical builder grade windows with no rain getting in. 

We did have a problem with water getting in the main door as the tiler had extended the tile beyond the door but a quick cut with the angle grinder soon sorted that issue.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure what kind of overhang you're thinking of that would stop rain hitting the Windows - you would need either a massive overhang or a window similar to the ones in medieval times mate! Just make sure the windows are well sealed and rain won't get in. We've been in our place 5 years - typical builder grade windows with no rain getting in. 

We did have a problem with water getting in the main door as the tiler had extended the tile beyond the door but a quick cut with the angle grinder soon sorted that issue.

Before we took over this build it was going to be big House for all the family, so one side of the house was going to have a carport and rooms above this and above that was another room, but alas Koriput Steve stop that but the doors and windows this side are nearly flush to the wall, so when the water hits the wall it just runs down over the windows and doors, we still have the rebar sticking out for the none extension so we are going to use them and have a 18 inch or there about concrete platform along the house 

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We have these LED lighting in all rooms , not the bulbs but like sealed unit and I think they are great, I have noticed that when it’s the middle of the night and it’s dark they seem to have a very faint glow coming from them , but as soon as it becomes light the glow has gone , has anyone else notice this or is my eyes playing tricks.