Not another building project

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

Keeping mine much simpler, cold line embedded to bucket tap. From tap embedded to wall spigot and flexi hose to shower stop valve.

Ours is more complicated for sure.  Our plumber spent a few minutes explaining and actually drew out the diagram on the wall where the pipe channels would be cut.  The nice thing about this setup is both hot and cold control at the main valve, plus the three different ways to use it.  This is the second one we have done this way and so far no problems with either.  That being said, a quality rain style shower kits are fairly expensive.  If memory serves me right it was about 15K peso.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Keeping mine much simpler, cold line embedded to bucket tap. From tap embedded to wall spigot and flexi hose to shower stop valve.

There is nothing wrong with - and a lot to be said for - keeping it simple stupid (i.e. Me!), Gary.

L and I just prefer to be able to take warm showers and to have hot or warm water available for cleaning.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I think I understand your setup fairly well now - thanks for your detailed description! Is this sort of selection available - do you know - if the mixer/valve is a type that is set into the wall? From what I have seen, the in-wall versions only seem to permit rain shower or handheld but no spigot selection. There does not appear to be any that offer the same 3-way selection that you describe - and that I have seen - when shopping for fixtures. I know I can make a spigot selection with another in-wall valve, but then it starts to get more complicated and expensive - especially if we want (as we do) the choice of getting hot water to the spigot for cleaning things with bucket water...

I have not seen an in wall that also has a spigot.  I agree you could buy supplies and make it work but it could be a challenge to make it look good.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I have not seen an in wall that also has a spigot.  I agree you could buy supplies and make it work but it could be a challenge to make it look good.

Thanks again, Mike. You are turning my thinking around about this. I really am not fond of all the external plumbing, however I am most concerned with practicality and utility - much more than how pretty it might look. I will present your thoughts to L later today when she returns from some work activities. Thank you for taking the time to explain your work and methods and thinking!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

There is nothing wrong with - and a lot to be said for - keeping it simple stupid (i.e. Me!), Gary.

L and I just prefer to be able to take warm showers and to have hot or warm water available for cleaning.

There is a simple solution to having hot water for cleaning....fill a bucket or whatever with hot water from the shower head. Obviously this is only practical if you have the flexi pipe type of shower head.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, hk blues said:

There is a simple solution to having hot water for cleaning....fill a bucket or whatever with hot water from the shower head. Obviously this is only practical if you have the flexi pipe type of shower head.

I agree... But it is even simpler if there is a tap down low that can pour hot water... That is one of the things we are considering here - how to do that neatly... But, personally, I do like Mike's solution - simple and elegant...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Looks good, so far, Steve!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

All done and let’s have another shower to keep the other one happy too                        F8ED4016-BE16-4A04-953E-49F368B01A08.jpeg

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The builders have had a few days of for new year, so it’s been trying to clean up and it’s come up quite well ,there are things sort out once they are back that we have noticed like the 3 doors are sticking so they just need planing to make a better fit.

They did vanish the doors plus fill in a few small holes and marks with this putty stuff and it looks terrible , so I have been sanding a door back to see if I can make it look better or more for my liking, it’s very hard not having any of my tools here to do any jobs which I could do, but I am trying hard not to go and buy anything other then a set of screwdrivers , I now need the smallest flathead screwdriver to undo this towel rail Emma brought, everything seems harder when it feels like you are starting out again, but the house does look good and once it’s back to some sort of normal everything should be fine.

• Like 2