Thank you Beer Gods

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I think that's probably the reason that craft beer hasn't caught hold here like most other places,

We have a good Craft Beer Bar not too far from me BUT because of my age I can't go there now, The Owner told us last week he can go for 6 months with his Ingredients so he is not particularly concerned at this time but it is mainly us (Foreigners) that are Drinking it. Popular Place with a Good Menu too. Angry that I can only go as far as my Local Sori Sori for my Tipple but at least I an still getting my Tipple :smile:

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

We have a good Craft Beer Bar not too far from me BUT because of my age I can't go there now, The Owner told us last week he can go for 6 months with his Ingredients so he is not particularly concerned at this time but it is mainly us (Foreigners) that are Drinking it. Popular Place with a Good Menu too. Angry that I can only go as far as my Local Sori Sori for my Tipple but at least I an still getting my Tipple :smile:

Most remiss of me not trying any of the craft beers when I was there with you guys.  Oh well, next time. 

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Here in subic freeport we can't go out at all, only one family member and only to get supplies with a pass, I was harassed multiple time yesterday on my bicycle and the maid can't walk the dog anymore, tomorrow I'm going to put my backpack on and go to the duty free to get a few things, at least that way I can get some sun and exercise.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Here in subic freeport we can't go out at all,

How different things are at different places. Here they open the wet market between 6-10 am. Just makes every crowd in there instead of spreading it out during the day. Need a Barangay pass to get in. Other than that, we never see a tanod or police officer. I take my usual walk daily, avoid crowded areas and have never been questioned let alone stopped. Here the trikes and pedicabs are still working and I have even seen Grab motorcycles starting again.  

Meanwhile yesterday I drove to our local S and R. At the border of our barangay there are manned road blocks, however I was not stopped.

We have not seen the food delivery folks and took over a week to get our passes. The sity folks are concentrating on the squatter and slum area...………..which they broad cast live on FB.

Maybe because our Barangay captain has Alzheimer's, the  city mayor is his son, the vice mayor his god son the congressman is his son. :hystery:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The one across the road from me in the IT park Cebu is closed like most business for now. They rarely did much good there anyway. The price is to high for a glass of beer.

That is a Baguio Brewery?

I think the one in Baguio does OK.  I never went but surprisingly, my BIL was going there once in a while, so I figured prices might not be too bad.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That is a Baguio Brewery?

Certainly is. On Fri, Sat and Sun night when they have a band playing they often do OK but usually when the band stops at 10pm the customers leave. When they first started 2 years ago I think they thought the call center workers would be their customers which were for a short time but you can buy much more Red Horse for your money.

craft.jpg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, jimeve said:

Well, after 3 weeks and 3 days I gave in and started to drink alcohol again, the longest I have been sober since I was 15.

Dogs barking at each other 12 am and no sign of sleep, sod it, downstairs I went and poured a large glass of Tanduay and ice.

Not the best place to give up drinking. :cheersty:

Ah... Cheers, Jim!

Sort of reminds me of Lloyd Bridges in the movie Airplane:cheersty:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Impatient as ever,  I put a bottle of my home brew in the regular fridge on Monday night and sampled it last night. I was afraid it hadn't carbonated after only a week in the bottle but I was pleasantly surprised.

It looks like stout but is modeled after Montana-brewed Moose Drool Ale. I've not had any Moose Drool but my kit ale uses a British-style yeast called Windsor. Right now, it's toffee and brown sugar with a bit of bitter at the end.

I'm going to TRY to leave it alone and taste it again at the end of the recommended two-week carbonation waiting period. After that, these dark beers tend to just get better with time.

Cheers to all, and stay safe!

IMG20200324202524.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted

Just bought some craft beers near me where I live and was pleasantly surprised. IPA beers and the alcohol 6.6 ABV % but seems stronger than that.

Full of flavor, double hops and very smooth, they brew different IPA with different strengths. Next month they are going to brew cider, going to order a few cases of that. More expensive than red horse but the taste is more appealing.

I got some ginger beer for the wife she had one bottle and now she is giddy. the man said it's a bit stronger than advertised.

• Like 4

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted (edited)

I didn't see the ban coming and I normally buy week to week, so I got propper caught and apart from a bottle of gin I was given I have been dry for a few weeks now, my small stock of wine I keep for special occasions has been very close to a raid but so far I have resisted, I tell myself its about time I gave the body a break from years of abuse hahaha.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3