US Approved Corvid Stimulus Package- Where's The Money

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

If mail to your place is as bad as mine, it will take anything from 3 months to 11 months to pop through your mailbox. On the plus side, everything makes it here eventually as far as i can ascertain.

Mine is typically 2-3 months.  My kids got their Social Security Cost of Living notices delivered about 10 days ago, and I think those were mailed towards the end of November.

There is a wrinkle though.  My CPA made a mistake on my 2019 taxes and put my old address from 2014 on it, and I failed to notice.  So the check was mailed to that address, even though I sent in a change of address form in April 2020.

We only have one mailman, and he knows where I live, so if it makes it to the area, I should get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Heeb said:

That sucks, I had resigned myself to getting nilch because they were using tax data from when I was still working, such a poor way of rolling these stimulus’s out, I’m not sure if I filed these taxes today in time to get the next round or not, might have to wait until 2022.

I reread your other post, and this sure is azz backward!

Me:  Didn't get the first stimulus due to wife's ITIN, even though I had low income in 2019.

You:  Didn't get the first stimulus due to high income in 2019.

Change the laws on the ITIN....

Me:  Don't get the first stimulus as a 2020 tax credit because it is based on 2020 income, which is too high.

You:  Get the first stimulus as a 2020 tax credit because it is based on 2020 income and your 2020 income is low.

:89:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

No such problems for us Brits - we ain't getting nothing!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

No such problems for us Brits - we ain't getting nothing!

One Good thing about Taxed at source, owe nothing get nothing seems fair to me :wink:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

One Good thing about Taxed at source, owe nothing get nothing seems fair to me :wink:

It that what they call the value added tax?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

It that what they call the value added tax?

No mate all monies we receive are Taxed at source, VAT of course is paid per purchase even here

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic