US Approved Corvid Stimulus Package- Where's The Money

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/politics/stimulus-payment-debit-card/index.html

If you have not receive your stimulus payment, there is the possibility the money might be sent through a debit card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Thor said:

Thank you for response.  Do you know any social security retired that has received there stimulus? Thanks

Yes, I know several ppl who have. But the methods of payment have been erratic. 

I don’t get SS, but am in the IRS system as I pay quarterly estimated taxes, got a refund last year and paid extra this year, but still got a paper check in the mail (US address). My cousin, aged 62 is on SSDI, gets a monthly direct deposit so is also in the system, but she was also sent a paper check. Another cousin and his live in companion, aged 68 and 66 respectively, also get monthly direct deposits of their Social Security. He got his direct deposited and she got a paper check. 

Seems like there’s no rhyme or reason to how their sending out payments. IMHO I think its the person doing the data input, maybe in batches(?) and how they enter the data or what ever key they press to authorize payments. 

OTH, could be a conspiracy. Maybe the owners of the paper mills and ink manufacturers are paying kickbacks to high ranking gov officials. So no paper checks means no perks for them, lol

Thor
Posted
Posted (edited)

I keep thinking they want to give stimulus to everyone even illegal but I paid into for 40 years and hard to get . But not just me. So I'll wait awhile. 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Removed line that will just trow topic off completely. Please start new topics if needing other information on different matters.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/politics/stimulus-payment-debit-card/index.html

If you have not receive your stimulus payment, there is the possibility the money might be sent through a debit card.

As a followup to that article, Jack Walker of RAO Subic posted this warning about the mailing of the debit cards:

Coronavirus stimulus prepaid cards mailed in plain envelopes are not junk mail, IRS cautions

'Please do not throw it away,' government pleads The IRS is in the process of sending out about 4 million economic impact payments loaded onto prepaid debit cards – but Americans may not recognize the stimulus cash when they see it. The cards will arrive in a “plain envelope” from "Money Network Cardholder Services," the IRS said. Unsuspecting individuals could mistake the envelope for junk mail or even a credit card promotion, especially since many people are likely not aware their payment will be arriving on a prepaid card instead of in the form of a check. People cannot choose to have their payments sent this way. These 4 million individuals, who did not have direct deposit information on file with the tax agency, were selected by the Bureau of the Fiscal Service. CORONAVIRUS IRS STIMULUS PAYMENTS ON PREPAID DEBIT CARDS ARRIVING: WHAT TO KNOW

The Visa name appears on the front of the card, and MetaBank – the Treasury Department’s financial agent – appears on the bank. That may further confuse individuals who do not hold an account with Visa and who are unfamiliar with MetaBank.

An information sheet included with the card will explain what it is.

One sign you may have missed your card in the mail is if you receive a letter from the IRS, signed by President President, which details how much money you should have received.

These letters were expected to be sent two weeks after the economic impact payments. So what should you do if you think you may have mistaken your prepaid card for junk mail? One way you might want to address the issue is by calling the number at the bottom of the IRS letter, 800- 919-9835. The agency has recalled some staff who will be available to take phone calls. Further, if you believe you threw the card away or misplaced it, you can also follow directions specifically for the prepaid cards, which will allow you to block unauthorized transactions as well. The government provides information for people whose card is lost or stolen, which directs them to log in at EIPCard.com to block unauthorized transactions and call 1-800-240-8100 to report it. A spokesperson for the IRS directed FOX Business to the aforementioned web page for the cards, adding that the agency had nothing further to add at this time regarding what taxpayers should do if they think they may have accidentally trashed their payment.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Internal Revenue Service has a webpage on their website where you can submit your bank account information. If you received your stimulus payment by check or debit card rather than via direct deposit, visit this webpage. There is a strong likelihood there will be at least one more payment. Unfortunately, Congress is still fighting over the details as to when and how much. Do register because direct deposit is the fastest way to get your money.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Do register because direct deposit is the fastest way to get your money.

On the other hand.  The sooner it gets here the sooner the wife will spend it. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, Mike J said:

On the other hand.  The sooner it gets here the sooner the wife will spend it. :tongue:

Yep...reminds me of the old joke about the guy who didn't report the theft of his credit card because the thief was spending less than his wife used to.

• Haha 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In addition to $1,200 one time assistance for many Americans including retirees like me, the CARES Act provides $600 per week to those who are unemployed. The number of unemployment claims is now around 40 million. The $600 is a supplement to the normal benefit through your state's unemployment insurance. As the United States reopens, the problem is a reluctance to return to work. If you were earning less than $24.00 per hour, before the layoffs, your take home benefits from unemployment insurance plus the $600 per week supplement is higher. In other words, someone earning $12.00 an hour receives the equivalent of $24.00 in unemployment benefits. You just doubled your salary! Sit in your living room couch and binge watch Netflix. Luckily, the $600 per week federal supplement ends July 31 or a week earlier depending on the state.

• 4 weeks later...
roddavis
Posted
Posted

An update for all you expats still waiting on their stimulus checks or maybe I am the only one:

Due to the suspension of service of Phlpost for international mail, you may not see your check until the quarantine is at GCQ. The problem is Cebu City is still ECQ so no mail for me. I called the IRS Stimulus line yesterday, on hold for 1 hour to see if I could get my paper check canceled, and reset my Get My Payment portal to reset to ask for more information, thus putting in my bank DD info. The IRS said they cannot cancel check, the best they can do is put a tracer on the check which takes about 6 weeks. If not deposited, they would send another one in the mail. Kinda like a catch22. If still in quarantine and Phlpost still suspended, it will join my first check somewhere at Phlpost Manila unless USPS catches this and does a return to sender(IRS) which would reset the Get My Payment portal requesting more info. :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, roddavis said:

An update for all you expats still waiting on their stimulus checks or maybe I am the only one:

Look on the bright side. At least you might get something this year and it will turn up as a surprise. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic