US Approved Corvid Stimulus Package- Where's The Money

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Sounds like we were almost neighbors.  We lived in Yakima.   I know exactly what you mean about short women who claim to be taller and convince you buy a new house when you already have one you like.   Our "new" one was two blocks from our "old" one.  We saw it as we were walking one afternoon and she said; "That house looks nice from outside, I wonder what it looks like inside".   I didn't take the bait at first, but you know how those little women are.  Kind of like fine sandpaper, they wear you down a little bit at a time.  :tongue:

My friends and I used to make a point of traveling through the Yakima area on our motorcycles on the way to Portland for training, loved the smell of the hop fields in early Autumn, there’s a brewery on Birchfeild rd called Bale Breaker that has their own hop farm with a tap house in the middle of a field, freshest beer you will ever taste, good times.

D7EDF180-3C3C-41CA-A168-02FDF3A0BED0.jpeg

Edited by Heeb
Add photo
  • Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

before you call me P whipped AZ

You have a good memory my friend. Wish I could take it back but can't. :4617:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking that the bottom line here is that if you filed taxes, and provided the IRS with direct deposit info for a refund, you will get the stimulus check. I got mine but good luck to all of those who didn't. Hope you figure it out.:dance:

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

You have a good memory my friend. Wish I could take it back but can't. :4617:

It wasn't me, someone else, it wouldn't bother me if it was me, I was trying to be funny but my writing skills aren't good enough to pull it off.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

A friend of ours, a Filipina, took the 2 year H & RM course in Bacolod, then did 1 year OJT in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA in 2019. She was paid $25K. Now listen to this, she filed her taxes to Uncle Sam giving  them her direct deposit to BDO. She was refunded her income taxes in full and received the stimulus check of $1250 by direct deposit. Now she is taking the same course in Australia as her Philippine H & RM course is not recognized there where she wants to work.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, jpbago said:

A friend of ours, a Filipina, took the 2 year H & RM course in Bacolod, then did 1 year OJT in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA in 2019. She was paid $25K. Now listen to this, she filed her taxes to Uncle Sam giving  them her direct deposit to BDO. She was refunded her income taxes in full and received the stimulus check of $1250 by direct deposit. Now she is taking the same course in Australia as her Philippine H & RM course is not recognized there where she wants to work.

It is not hard to believe.  She was living there on some kind of visa so she would have had a SSN, and qualified for the stimulus.

There is probably a bit more detail to her taxes, but she would not owe much tax based on a total income of $25,000.  She probably paid a little bit of tax.  "She was refunded her income taxes in full" doesn't really fit how we do taxes in the U.S., but no need to go there.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm thinking that the bottom line here is that if you filed taxes, and provided the IRS with direct deposit info for a refund, you will get the stimulus check. I got mine but good luck to all of those who didn't. Hope you figure it out.:dance:

Yeah, because everyone receiving SSA payments should've known to file their 2018 taxes (in 2019) because of Covid-19.  Then the IRS tells SSA recipients that no action is needed to receive their Covid-19 stimulus payments, since the SSA would provide the IRS with the recipients direct deposit info.  Shows how incompetent the Federal government is at all levels.  Since I have a dependant, I provided the IRS directly with my direct deposit info.  Many, myself included, are still waiting for their stimulus payments.  In my case, I need mine for medical treatment as I don't have Medicaid and even if I did, it's useless here.

• Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

Yeah, because everyone receiving SSA payments should've known to file their 2018 taxes (in 2019) because of Covid-19.  Then the IRS tells SSA recipients that no action is needed to receive their Covid-19 stimulus payments, since the SSA would provide the IRS with the recipients direct deposit info.  Shows how incompetent the Federal government is at all levels.  Since I have a dependant, I provided the IRS directly with my direct deposit info.  Many, myself included, are still waiting for their stimulus payments.  In my case, I need mine for medical treatment as I don't have Medicaid and even if I did, it's useless here.

Sorry to hear that. Confusing situation for everyone. I filed my 2019 taxes late Jan. Hope you get yours soon. I always over pay my taxes. That way I will always get a refund via direct deposit. If that has anything to do with it? I don't know. Good luck.:smile:

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Sorry to hear that. Confusing situation for everyone. I filed my 2019 taxes late Jan. Hope you get yours soon. I always over pay my taxes. That way I will always get a refund via direct deposit. If that has anything to do with it? I don't know. Good luck.:smile:

Not surprising like every stimulus package that's ever passed.  It will benefit the least who need it, big corporations and not those that need it the most, the citizens.  In regards to overpaying your taxes, my tax advisors (2 CPA's in my family) educated me on never give the government "free parking" with my money and invest it instead.  Ideally, you'd try to "break even" when filing your annual tax returns.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

In regards to overpaying your taxes, my tax advisors (2 CPA's in my family) educated me on never give the government "free parking" with my money and invest it instead.  Ideally, you'd try to "break even" when filing your annual tax returns.

Yes, better to owe a little bit, especially it you are eligible for tax credits of any kind.  Tax credits are only given if you owe taxes.  I have two kids that I get a $4000 tax credit for, so I try to manage my income so that I owe just a bit more than that.  Last year my tax owed was $4160 so after the credit I owed $160.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic