US Approved Corvid Stimulus Package- Where's The Money

roddavis
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It is not clear how you filed.  Did you file jointly with your wife?  If so, does she have SSN or ITIN?

Yes, both have SSN. She even lived with me in the States for 23 years! Still no payment!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Did you get your stimulus deposit or check?

Did you file 2018 or 2019 taxes? Was it jointly where both had SSN#?

Did you try using the irs tool "Get my payment" online and could you get in with a foreign address for verification? ( I was never able to get in to verify my info or get direct deposit info in. Been trying everyday since the tool came online Apr 15. No success!)

If not , just waiting for irs to use your SSA1099 info to get direct deposit or paper check:

I suspect since I didn't see my Stimulus deposit, that it may be coming by snail mail from the US, and that it could take a month to get here in the PI if and when if it ever gets here. 

Hi Rod.

I am not married. I use a USA address for tax and other purposes and receive SS payments via direct deposit. I also filed income tax return last year with 0 owing, 0 refund. I, too, recently received my latest SS payment in direct deposit.

To date, I also have not yet received a stimulus payment. So two days ago I checked using the Tool to see the status. The Tool worked fine for me and stated that my "check" was scheduled to be sent out on May 1. If you recall looking at the info required to access the Tool, it stated something to the effect of "enter the last address used when filing your income tax return." So I can't help you regarding your address issue.

Today, for some reason, I cannot access my USA bank account online - probably maintenance since I am looking at a time late at night on a weekend in USA? But as of maybe 10 am - eastern standard time - on May 1, I did not see a payment...

My concern is that they actually send a check rather than direct deposit because I have no easy way to deposit it. However, I have a feeling that the language on the Tool may be generic whether it is check or direct, that they use the word check? I hope that is the case.

So you are not alone with the unknown actual status of the payment. Good luck to us both!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, roddavis said:

Yes, both have SSN. She even lived with me in the States for 23 years! Still no payment!

OK, you will get it eventually.  I agree that the tool probably doesn't work with the foreign address.  Hopefully you can get a direct deposit due to the SS directly deposit, but the guidelines are clear as mud on that.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 4/27/2020 at 11:04 AM, earthdome said:

I just checked GetMyPayment again and was now able to update my bank information to receive the stimulus.

Just checked my bank and my stimulus payment was deposited May 6th. I received $2900. $1200 for me, $1200 for my wife and $500 for our daughter.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Good news, finally!

I received the stimulus check - or rather my mail handler did - today in Seattle. I have no idea why they did not direct deposit, as the various government websites promised, but I found an easy way to deal with it anyway.

Happy days!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I received the stimulus check - or rather my mail handler did - today in Seattle.

How will you get the money now. It must be a paper check? Right? So will the mail handler have to send it to you in the Phills and then you have to take it to your Phills bank for deposit? Another 25 days for the check to clear if that's the case. Glad you got it finally TT.:wave:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, earthdome said:

Just checked my bank and my stimulus payment was deposited May 6th. I received $2900. $1200 for me, $1200 for my wife and $500 for our daughter.

Can I come and live with you? You sound like you are very wealthy!:hystery:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

So will the mail handler have to send it to you in the Phills and then you have to take it to your Phills bank for deposit? Another 25 days for the check to clear if that's the case.

Yeah...me too!

No AK... Much easier than that, fortunately...

The mail handler - who I called on the phone today - will simply endorse the back with my account number and For Deposit Only and forward it to my bank in Texas by post. I'm glad I keep accounts in USA as that makes things easy to deal with. But I am puzzled why they mailed it instead of the direct deposit like my SS payments?

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah...me too!

No AK... Much easier than that, fortunately...

The mail handler - who I called on the phone today - will simply endorse the back with my account number and For Deposit Only and forward it to my bank in Texas by post. I'm glad I keep accounts in USA as that makes things easy to deal with. But I am puzzled why they mailed it instead of the direct deposit like my SS payments?

I think it has something to do with tax return direct deposit bank info. Maybe?

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I think it has something to do with tax return direct deposit bank info. Maybe?

Who knows? I gave up a long time ago trying to make sense of government programs.:89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic