Silver Linings to Dark Clouds

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

Is this coming 1st hand or via a friend of a friend on Facebook?  

Well considering I don't use fakebook....

It was on TV, I think it was GMA interviewing people, one building with three families got 6000p total instead of the 8000 each, and in our area a 1000P per family was delivered the other day though there is still some confusion where this money came from.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You obviously did not follow on how distribution of money was sorted. If they were not on the database lodged to Manila then they wont get anything. That's how it was decided as to who is to get what. Not at local level or should not have been in the end. Plus if they are out of work from what I read another process to go through locally if they need help. A lot of people here so if they dont make it known or follow the correct channels than nothing will happen. 

Hope they get something soon but need to follow the correct procedure. 

Yes, I followed how the distribution was (in theory) to be sorted. 

However,  as we 'veteran'  expats know, and using the favourite saying of my Mrs... 'this is the Philippines'. 

My (definitely registered) nephew went into town yesterday to (in theory) collect his money from DOLE. 

'Wala sir'. 

Who knows when... perhaps after 'deductions' have been processed by those in charge ? 

Another observation from the Mrs... the locals will not tolerate being fked around forever, and there are not enough officials with guns and sticks to control them.  

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Another observation from the Mrs... the locals will not tolerate being fked around forever, and there are not enough officials with guns and sticks to control them.  

That my Friend is a very worrying thought as I implied in a  post of Yesterday, My Grandmother said when I was young " Even a snail will turn when pushed to the Limit"  :smile:

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

That my Friend is a very worrying thought as I implied in a  post of Yesterday, My Grandmother said when I was young " Even a snail will turn when pushed to the Limit"  :smile:

Quite, Jack. But, the problem here is that they have been made to suffer for so long I wonder where the limit actually is.  Back in the UK, the 1st time Govt. handouts were a penny less than expected would be the last time. Here, a shrug of the shoulders and a "Well, it's the Philippines " is the usual response and nothing changes.  It's almost like anything is better than nothing so be grateful.  

• Sad 2

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Quite, Jack. But, the problem here is that they have been made to suffer for so long I wonder where the limit actually is.  Back in the UK, the 1st time Govt. handouts were a penny less than expected would be the last time. Here, a shrug of the shoulders and a "Well, it's the Philippines " is the usual response and nothing changes.  It's almost like anything is better than nothing so be grateful.  

Until the EDSA revolution happened and within living memory. These people know they can take the power back anytime they have a unifying goal.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Hmm thinking 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You obviously did not follow on how distribution of money was sorted. If they were not on the database lodged to Manila then they wont get anything. That's how it was decided as to who is to get what. Not at local level or should not have been in the end. 

Hope they get something soon but need to follow the correct procedure. 

LOL... Just because you are on some list from Manila doesn't guarantee anything, I am hearing stories of people getting scratched off the list because someone from the barangay "complained" that they have a daughter working in Hong Kong, or a daughter working as a teacher, doesn't matter that her husband lost his job and she have 5 kids to feed...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

LOL... Just because you are on some list from Manila doesn't guarantee anything, I am hearing stories of people getting scratched off the list because someone from the barangay "complained" that they have a daughter working in Hong Kong, or a daughter working as a teacher, doesn't matter that her husband lost his job and she have 5 kids to feed...

Yep... we've heard similar.  A lot of jealousy and small mindedness in this country...sadly (from the top down !).   

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Emma’s father is a trike rider and he has not worked now for a few weeks, he has had a couple of deliveries of rice and the tins of tuna but no cash, he had to fill in a form ‘ not to sure what form’ , but it seems he put Emma as living overseas , so he gets no money , also her sister who works but is staying at home because of this as she cannot travel gets no money too because she has a job ,plus the sister in law gets nothing too because she has a job but again cannot go to work.

The FIL is saying if you have a nice house you no cash,  if you have a job you no cash and oversea workers you no cash.

Again all this is said to Emma and then Emma tells me , so i am not to sure if it’s all true or not

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Emma’s father is a trike rider and he has not worked now for a few weeks, he has had a couple of deliveries of rice and the tins of tuna but no cash, he had to fill in a form ‘ not to sure what form’ , but it seems he put Emma as living overseas , so he gets no money , also her sister who works but is staying at home because of this as she cannot travel gets no money too because she has a job ,plus the sister in law gets nothing too because she has a job but again cannot go to work.

The FIL is saying if you have a nice house you no cash,  if you have a job you no cash and oversea workers you no cash.

Again all this is said to Emma and then Emma tells me , so i am not to sure if it’s all true or not

None of this surprises me, Steve.  No doubt the budget was for all to receive something, so the more cash that can be held back from those "on the list" the more left for those distributing the funds.  It's not like they will be distributing the "savings" to the  others.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How are you sure they qualified? Also were they registered anywhere to be included into the database that sorts out who is eligible? 

Must be the same people who are paid for voting for a certain candidate! If that's the case..Everybody will get money.:AddEmoticons04230:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic