Silver Linings to Dark Clouds

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Again all this is said to Emma and then Emma tells me , so i am not to sure if it’s all true or not

Internet media sucks. Hard to tell what's true or not.:56da632e94212_1(60):

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

Where I am we have two tenants who are single - no food or aid for them, however they give my girl and I food and the 1000P shopping voucher so we just pass it on to them.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I wonder about all of this.  In our community we have had no money or aid as yet, and little or no sign of anyone actually identifying who should be getting something.  I'd hate to be in need here in my location.  

• Sad 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

I wonder about all of this.  In our community we have had no money or aid as yet, and little or no sign of anyone actually identifying who should be getting something.  I'd hate to be in need here in my location.  

Perhaps some of your answers are here

Iloilo City to distribute P6-K amelioration fund on Friday

By Perla Lena  April 16, 2020, 

AMELIORATION PROGRAM. Iloilo City Mayor Jerry P. Treñas shows the letter from the social welfare department informing him of the transfer of funds for the social amelioration program. In a phone interview, Teresa Gelogo, in charge of the field and program operations of the City Social Welfare and Development Office, said they would start distributing the aid on Friday (April 17, 2020). 

ILOILO CITY – The city government will begin distributing the PHP6,000 social amelioration fund on Friday, starting with 453 qualified beneficiaries in two villages here.

In a phone interview, Teresa Gelogo, in charge of the field and program operations of the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), said they would release the assistance to 376 households in Barangay Punong, Lapuz and 77 qualified families in Barangay Magsaysay, City Proper.

Iloilo City has 79,215 family beneficiaries.

The cashier in charge of the collection will go to the barangays. The qualified recipients will be informed of the schedule by their barangay officials to avoid a crowd at the venue.

“We have to practice social distancing,” Gelogo said.

The recipients were told to bring a copy of their social amelioration card and a photocopy of their identification cards with three specimen signatures.

If they do not have an ID, they have to secure a certification from their barangay and affix three specimen signatures.

She added that the two barangays were the first to submit their "clean list" of recipients out of the city’s 180 barangays. The clean list refers to the final list of beneficiaries.

The district head of the CSWDO and a staff of the regional office of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) validate the names of SAP beneficiaries to make sure that members of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) are not in the list submitted by barangays.

Gelogo urged other barangays to submit their initial list of validated beneficiaries so they can process the payroll for the amelioration fund.

“We continue to process the payroll and we hope to release all before the last week of April,” she told the Philippine News Agency (PNA), adding that the CSWDO would continue with the processing even on Saturdays and Sundays to fast-track the release.

Once it is done, they will have the fund liquidated so the amelioration fund for May would also be released.

On Monday, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), in a letter addressed to Mayor Jerry P. Treñas, informed him of the transfer of PHP475,290,000 for the target beneficiaries.

Treñas said the amelioration program would be a big help as it will be good for two months.

In a press conference on Wednesday, he said the number is lower than the first target that was submitted by the DSWD of about 86,000 family beneficiaries.

He said the city government will find a way to help those not on the new list. (PNA)

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1100030

Added from earlier news 

He also lashed out at the DSWD for requiring local government units to submit by April 3 a list of target beneficiaries of the national government’s social amelioration program for those worst hit economically by the pandemic.

Calling the April 3 deadline “stupid,” Treñas said LGUs were being required to come up with a list that would include informal settlers, drivers, construction workers, sari-sari store owners and those who lost their work and livelihood due to travel restrictions.

“How can we come up with (that) list on or before April 3? That’s impossible,” he said.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1252439/iloilo-city-mayor-decries-red-tape-delay-in-covid-19-aid-from-national-govt

• Thanks 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just saw an artile the W.H.O. is recommending every country do a total alcohol ban - but I cannot remember the site I read  and the search engines have not indexed it yet and of course thier site is useless.

The reasoning given was alcohol lowers immunity and causes domestic violence.

Edited by AusExpat

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Read a report on a couple of news sites backed up by the cops , scum have been stealing food deliveries here in the uk , volunteers have been picking up and delivering food items to those that are in total isolation,  they have been getting stolen off peoples door steps

• Sad 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Here in Cagayan de Oro there have been instances of Barangay officials adding names of deceased people to the list of financial handouts! I am sure similar things are widespread. I hope they get a stiff prison sentence. Reality is probably they will be ‘re-deployed’ to a neighboring barangay!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Here in Cagayan de Oro there have been instances of Barangay officials adding names of deceased people to the list of financial handouts! I am sure similar things are widespread. I hope they get a stiff prison sentence. Reality is probably they will be ‘re-deployed’ to a neighboring barangay!

if they are in fact held accountable which I indeed doubt.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, RBM said:

if they are in fact held accountable which I indeed doubt

I predict that the next 5 years will be full of lawsuits and counter lawsuits to settle old political scores :89: 

• Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, scott h said:

I predict that the next 5 years will be full of lawsuits and counter lawsuits to settle old political scores :89: 

Laugh icon.jpg What here? this is just life whenever aid is available

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic