Another 3 weeks staying safe

graham59
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

If we are honest we are trying to empty a bath with a thimble.  This virus started with one case and within two months we were where we are now, still many dying daily and hundreds more being infected.  The minute they lift the quarantine and lets face it, eventually they'll have to we will be back to square one within a few weeks. 

Yes, but I will have had time to go out and buy enough booze to drink myself into oblivion, come the next lockdown. :shooter:

• Haha 3

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

The quarantine is not about defeating the virus, only a vaccine can do that.

Or a straight up cure. Many anti-virals are working very well and many more are being tested in combinations with promising early results from all over the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

Or a straight up cure. Many anti-virals are working very well and many more are being tested in combinations with promising early results from all over the world.

We all can only hope, Aus... Meanwhile, I will have another shot of Tanduay to assuage my sensibilities...:shooter:

• Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

We all can only hope, Aus... Meanwhile, I will have another shot of Tanduay to assuage my sensibilities...:shooter:

A famous Australian billionaire gave about 30 million doses of Hydroxychloroquine to the Government health department to allow doctors to order and deliver to their patients for free. Lots of test have confirmed it's use with Z-pacs and preferrably zinc, and alos some countries have trialed it successfully with other anti-biotcs/anti-virals and even anti-HIV drugs which is why Thailand is having such success from early on. Can't remember hte guys name so I can't find a link to post here.

I don't think it's going to be as big a problem going into the future as the media is making out.

Imagine it, a cure, simple cheap effective, the general population rejoices and look at the big money lost by so many other players.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

A famous Australian billionaire gave about 30 million doses of Hydroxychloroquine to the Government health department to allow doctors to order and deliver to their patients for free. Lots of test have confirmed it's use with Z-pacs and preferrably zinc, and alos some countries have trialed it successfully with other anti-biotcs/anti-virals and even anti-HIV drugs which is why Thailand is having such success from early on. Can't remember hte guys name so I can't find a link to post here.

I don't think it's going to be as big a problem going into the future as the media is making out.

Imagine it, a cure, simple cheap effective, the general population rejoices and look at the big money lost by so many other players.

Let's all hope you are right and that it really works... I certainly hope so! And I really don't give a s*** about the "big" players... they can all go suck eggs...

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

However, if has caused a number of problems with some people - heart issues... I hope that is not the ultimate killer with this "cure."

I actually have a small amount of the chloroquine for use when I was sailing. Maybe not enough to medicate for this plague? I also have a fair supply of the azithromycin  - one of the benefits of sailing was that I got supplies of all sorts of meds... for "just in case" scenarios... I had very enlightened physicians "advising and supplying"  me when I was sailing...Maybe now some of those supplies will prove to work? Or maybe kill me too?... I will let you know...

Edited by Tommy T.

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

However, if has caused a number of problems with some people - heart issues... I hope that is not the ultimate killer with this "cure."

That is being reported by the media but was not the case for decades and well since 1860 or so when it was first used in it's natural form. The Doctor Rudy Giuliani spoke ot said he hasn't seen that at all in normal dosing. It was only recently added in America and then used to pull it off the shelves and into a prescription only medicine. it's still over hte counter medication in most parts of hte world and taken in some parts of Africa on a daily basis so it can't be too bad.

I'll say we'll all find out soon enough.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

I sure hope you are right about that...

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

That's fine with me. Let's just get it over and done with, if possible. I would rather see restrictions for a few weeks now than have them last for months because some fools push relaxation now... in my opinion...

Absolutely agree. This ain't going away just because we wish it would. :no:

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

I'll say we'll all find out soon enough.

Yup....

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic