Quarantine extended until May 15

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My wife says we received rice because they used the list of people who voted in the last election.  Like many others on the forum, we passed the rice on to our neighbors who actually need it.

• Like 3
  • Love it 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I eat the rice.

I've contributed more than enough to the Phils economy. 

I just wish they'd spend some of it on educating their kids in common sense, mental arihmetic, and lateral thinking...then adopting those new-found skills into government and officialdom here.  

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, AusExpat said:

Anotehr friend in Missisippi (spelling?)

Made me chuckle anyway!:tongue:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

L told me yesterday that the enhanced quarantine may be lifted in Davao on or about May 27th. I am curious to hear if anyone else has a similar report to share for this area?

Madam Mayor was about to modify the quarantine tomorrow. She had said that it wouldn't change too much, though. Yesterday, citing the federal government's classification of Davao as "high risk", she said we would remain under the current quarantine until at least May 15.

http://byahengdo30.com/local-government/mayor-inday-says-ecq-to-be-prolonged

Edited by JDDavao
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, intrepid said:

May as well check into a nursing home.

From what I have read in many news reports, that is where you should check in if you want to check out early?

• Like 5

Explorer
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, AusExpat said:

Not even going to pretend I'm happy about this.

Are they waiting for the poor to revolt? Guys were climbing mango trees behind my place and pulling unripe mangoes as they "have no rice"

Here in Cebu TOTAL death in the region so far is 9, mostly old with pre-conditions. They find few infected daily, most of them in jails... Now we are all in jail... Make no sense to lockdown so many for so few incidents.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Here in Cebu TOTAL death in the region so far is 9, mostly old with pre-conditions. They find few infected daily, most of them in jails... Now we are all in jail... Make no sense to lockdown so many for so few incidents.

I think that's the whole point, Jaybee... If there were no lockdowns, how many might be sickened and dead? Take a look at Manila. I think officialdom was a bit slow on the uptake there and it took them by surprise. Same thing happened in some other areas. But people wised up quickly, I believe.

Here in Davao, apparently a large number of people were exposed to the virus at a cockfight tournament in March. Just one event and then infection spread. Perhaps only two people were here from Manila to attend that and they unwittingly spread the infection to dozens of others. It's not a huge number, but then the city did a lock down very quickly and I commend them for that. It likely protected L, her daughter and myself from this sickness and I am happy for that. I only walk this earth once and I would prefer that it (me) lasts a bit longer.

By the way... I don't mean to sound nasty with those comments, they are just hearfelt. I respect your thoughts, but just disagree.:smile:

I reiterate that I would prefer to eat and drink a bit too much, get bored with reruns of reruns on cable TV, than to get sick, go to a questionable hospital, get stuffed with a ventilator down my throat and perhaps drown in my own mucus anyway....yuck!!! What's a few weeks of inconvenience compared to eternal death?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 4

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I think that's the whole point, Jaybee... If there were no lockdowns, how many might be sickened and dead? Take a look at Manila. I think officialdom was a bit slow on the uptake there and it took them by surprise. Same thing happened in some other areas. But people wised up quickly, I believe.

Here in Davao, apparently a large number of people were exposed to the virus at a cockfight tournament in March. Just one event and then infection spread. Perhaps only two people were here from Manila to attend that and they unwittingly spread the infection to dozens of others. It's not a huge number, but then the city did a lock down very quickly and I commend them for that. It likely protected L, her daughter and myself from this sickness and I am happy for that. I only walk this earth once and I would prefer that it (me) lasts a bit longer.

By the way... I don't mean to sound nasty with those comments, they are just hearfelt. I respect your thoughts, but just disagree.:smile:

I reiterate that I would prefer to eat and drink a bit too much, get bored with reruns of reruns on cable TV, than to get sick, go to a questionable hospital, get stuffed with a ventilator down my throat and perhaps drown in my own mucus anyway....yuck!!! What's a few weeks of inconvenience compared to eternal death?

Taking a look at Sweden, maybe exactly the same number?

And sunlight, humidity and heat kill Corona virus quickly - sound like any country we know ;) https://www.newsweek.com/sunlight-kills-coronavirus-scientist-1500012

Locking even low risk people inside and forcing them to avoid the sun - here's looking at the UK and Australian Stasi - and the associated Vit D isn't good for you, it used to be called suffering from gloom and it's known to be unhealthy.

I've come to the opinion that something funky is going on behind the scenes and we're not being told about it.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic