Quarantine extended until May 15

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, AusExpat said:

So why didn't the UK stay open then? It's less problematic by the Swedish figures.

Part of the problem is that the UK is still open. There are still large numbers of foreign arrivals coming into the UK from COVID affected areas, with no checks to see if any are affected.  I have no idea about international arrivals into Sweden but I suspect there are much fewer than the UK’s. I personally don’t think Sweden can be held as a shining example.
I think the way the UK has handled just about every aspect of this crisis has been shambolic to say the least. But at least, despite all their problems, we have a good health service which seems to be coping despite the government, certainly not because of them. The large death toll, 20,800 who have died in UK hospitals to date, NOT including those who have died from COVID either in care homes or in the community, is a reflection of the governments dithering. ‘Lions led by donkeys’ is a phrase that springs to mind!

The UK government will have some very hard questions to answer in the coming weeks and months regarding their handling of this.

• Like 2

TimL
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, scott h said:

As the saying goes..…."you cant fix stupid!" :wait_80_anim_gif:

I call it weeding out the dumba$$es.. It’s probably the tide pod kids parents. Lol

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Explorer
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

No... but the easing of restrictions should be phased in and very gradual so we can see what's going on. To me, just jumping out and saying... okay... we're done, let's party...is not the best solution. Being in a high risk group, I am not too excited about being placed at higher risk just so some of the lower risk people can go out and have fun.

I don't see anybody saying this, everybody is agreeing that easing should be gradual so I don't know what you are trying to say but total 5 dead in Cebu and total lockdown? They should start easing now!

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I don't see anybody saying this, everybody is agreeing that easing should be gradual so I don't know what you are trying to say but total 5 dead in Cebu and total lockdown? They should start easing now!

I get your point, Jaybee... But please consider mine... It took, supposedly one person in Wuhan - or perhaps a few, we may never know - and it spread worldwide with now tens of thousands of deaths.

Here in Davao, apparently, they have extended the quarantine until mid-May. I think that is conservative and wise. Since we don't know much yet about this virus, especially if there will be immunities from past infection or if a vaccine eventually becomes available... Why take chances, even if because of "only" a few people testing positive? To me, life is priceless, and it's a one off deal. I really don't want to trade off a few weeks of "freedom" for an earlier than necessary eternity of death...

If you have not already done so, please review the article I quoted yesterday about the 1917 Spanish Flu.

Has anyone learned from that experience, or are we doomed to just repeat, repeat, repeat?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

If you have not already done so, please review the article I quoted yesterday about the 1917 Spanish Flu.

Has anyone learned from that experience, or are we doomed to just repeat, repeat, repeat?

Exactly what I was saying yesterday - https://clinmedjournals.org/articles/jide/journal-of-infectious-diseases-and-epidemiology-jide-6-113.php?jid=jide

Few in our field are not familiar with the great 1918 influenza pandemic. However, few are also aware that inexpensive intravenous hydrogen peroxide was utilized by British physician Oliver, who halved the death rate from influenza pneumonia in India [37]. Similarly, another oxidation therapy, ultraviolet blood irradiation therapy, was successfully used to cure 15 of 15 cases of viral pneumonia in hospitalized patients in the 1940s [38]. Ultraviolet energy is well accepted to destroy microorganisms, and is used as a sterilizing agent, and in air purification. Ultraviolet energy destroys cysteine in microorganisms [39].

There are cures, they are tested. This is ONE reference, the UV light has been used successfully in extreme Covid cases in a few places too. You only need ot do 5-7% of a persons blood for it to work too. And yet is it being completely ignore and ridiculed by the legacy media????

As soon as a cure is Internationally agreed to and working we should open up, waiting 18 months for a vaccine is asking for more problems - consider the poor.

Anyone wanting to continue quarantining themselves is always an option too.

Edited by AusExpat

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

It appears that a number of Joe Tax Payers are the village fools? Some of them are apparently trying to inject themselves now with Lysol or bleach? I think common sense may now be uncommon? Some people just don't get it.... And it causes increased risk to us who are already at higher risk. I guess they should move to Sweden???

Sorry, Viking... did not mean that to sound personal to you. How are things there from your perspective?

I wonder where they got the idea? The fool in chief maybe?:wait_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

No... but the easing of restrictions should be phased in and very gradual so we can see what's going on. To me, just jumping out and saying... okay... we're done, let's party...is not the best solution. Being in a high risk group, I am not too excited about being placed at higher risk just so some of the lower risk people can go out and have fun.

As your probably aware there is phasing in going on, here they call it GCQ. I already posted somewhere the details. Every country will have their way of doing things.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jaybee said:

The way this seems to be playing out is that mostly older folks like us will kick the bucket. Not sure if I mind it that much for myself, I've lived a good life. Mother nature is in charge now. Not some imaginary boss in the sky!:sad:

• Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic