Quarantine extended until May 15

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

Source or opinion?  Where is it being ridiculed by media, this forum is the first place I become aware of using ozone it?  And I do not think ozone was ever mentioned in the controversial press conference if that is what you are referring to.  

Source was the medial journal I linked. I guarantee you my opinion is not important enough to put in a published medical journal.

Bleach was never mentioned either yet that is what the press are saying. The word used was "disinfectant" Ozone is a disinfectant that can be injected, as is Hydrogen Peroxide - which was used successfully against the Spanish Flu. If you read the article linked then you would see that it is a proper study in a proper medical journal.

Mick
Posted
Posted

PRES DUTERTE SPEECH LAST NIGHT‼️

After the 15th of May, if the ECQ will not be extended anymore, we should all assume that a GCQ will be imposed on ALL of the regions affected by the COVID-19. Let us help Malacañang in informing people of the new normal we have to follow. Familiarize yourselves to avoid confusion. 

General Community Quarantine (GCQ) Rules:

1. Selected workers in non-essential services are allowed to go to work.

● electronics
● exports
● manufacturing
● e-commerce
● delivery
● repair services
● maintenance
● housing 

2. Half of employees work from home, 50 percent are working on site:

● Finance
● Business process outsourcing (BPO)
● Non-leisure trade and service

3. Will remain CLOSED:

● Schools
● Amusement centers
● Leisure facilities
● Gaming
● Tourism services

4. NOT permitted to leave the house: 

● Children (0 to 20 years old)
● Elderly (60 years old and above)
● People with high-risk health issues

5. ONLY shops catering to NECESSITIES will be allowed to re-open in malls. Malls will limit entry of shoppers.

6. Airconditioning will be limited in malls. WIFI will not be provided. NO loittering allowed.

7. Priority construction projects can resume

8. Nonworkers are allowed to buy food and go out to avail of essential services

● Allowed will be people who are 21 to 59 years old.
● EXCEPT again: children, elderly, vulnerable people

9. Public transport can operate at reduced capacity.

10. Local government units shall ENFORCE CURFEW for nonworkers.

11. Airports and ports can only operate for the unhampered DELIVERY OF GOODS.

---
Plans of going out or reunions after May 15 are still not entirely possible. You are REQUIRED to bring an I.D. that specifies your AGE and ADDRESS wherever you go. Checkpoints will still be in place. You will still be questioned if you defy the rules. 

We need to abide by the guidelines. Be aware that we are trying to avoid a second wave which is considered to be more damaging than the first. 

WE CAN DO THIS.💟🌿

(CNN:Based sa official statement ng Malacañang and IATF)

#repost

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

There is mounting evidence that the 'cure' is worse than the disease is now but what that ignores is the fact that if lockdowns do not continue then the disease will become worse than it is now.  The real question is how much worse will it become?  It's easy to say now, from the middle of the lockdown, that deaths are low.  But if we go to an open model then that will change and it might well be too late to reverse path (see the UK for an example of what happens when you change tactics mid stream).

Yes, I think the infections and deaths are low because of the lockdown.  In a place like the PIs it would be very easy for something this contagious to get totally out of control. The already stressed medical system could not do anything but collapse under the weight. We had a cousin in the hospital 3 or 4 years ago and he shared the bed with 2 other kids. That is just basic hospital use here. If this virus got out of control, people would just stay home and die.

A phased in, closely monitored, reopening would be the prudent course.

Here, in Iloilo, I have seen no shortages - except for pork (and of course alcohol & hand sanitizer). Most pork in the PIs is imported, and I suspect most imports right now get to Manila... and stay there.  We can get local pork, at the wet market, but it is always a poorer quality than the import.  Other than pork, we have ample supply of everything we need. Well the alcohol ban is quite inconvenient (drinking alcohol, not medicinal).

Hopefully after 15MAY they will start a slow and controlled reopening.  Here in our town we have zero cases, I would like to see the quarantine passes taken away, but keep the border restrictions, social distancing, and masks.  I would like to get back to the city (only 7 cases so far there) but that can wait, as they carefully reopen.

If we rush into this, everything we just did will be for naught. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well here at the moment the law says you must wear a mask and I would say that will be the law for some time. You can not enter a supermarket or mall etc without one. Nor can you be in a public place without one unless you are a rich foreigner resisting arrest in Makati the other day which probably wont end well for him.

I can only speak for my area but chairs are spaced in a long queue at the correct distance for waiting and everything is done the way it's meant to be .  

Is it national Law or locally enforced for the masks?

Previously the Dept of Health here said not to wear them unless you are at risk so that heath care workers can get them, I haven't seen any updates as I get most of my Filipino news from here or mouth to mouth rumours.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Mick said:

General Community Quarantine (GCQ) Rules:

Nothing in there about masks.  I think masks should continue to be required in public for a few months.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

Source was the medial journal I linked. I guarantee you my opinion is not important enough to put in a published medical journal.

Bleach was never mentioned either yet that is what the press are saying. The word used was "disinfectant" Ozone is a disinfectant that can be injected, as is Hydrogen Peroxide - which was used successfully against the Spanish Flu. If you read the article linked then you would see that it is a proper study in a proper medical journal.

I did read the article.  Perhaps I wasn't clear in my question.  Were you saying the media was ridiculing that article and the idea of ozone treatment?   I agree they rediculed the president's statement. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

Is it national Law or locally enforced for the masks?

This sort of said yes. I do know in Cebu city it is a law brought in by local goverment.. 

https://www.cebucity.gov.ph/e-o-66-requiring-the-wearing-of-mask-by-all-persons-in-public-places/

Spoiler

CEBU, Philippines —  People in Cebu City will now be required to wear facemasks in public places while the city is under enhanced community quarantine.

Mayor Edgardo Labella issued Executive Order No. 66, which states that the wearing of facemasks, coupled with proper sanitation and frequent washing of hands with soap and water, is among the ways to prevent transmission and spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

"The wearing of masks shall be done at all times and in all public places where a transmission of the said illness may take place through the modes of transmission as published by authorities in the field of public health," a portion of the executive order reads.

Public and private establishments are also mandated to refuse entry of persons who are not wearing face masks.

Those who violate the order will be punished in accordance with the penalties provided under Section 10 of RA 11332 or Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act.

The Philippine National Police (PNP), barangay officials, and force multipliers are mandated to enforce the full extent of the order.

https://www.philstar.com/the-freeman/cebu-news/2020/04/02/2004996/masks-required-public-places-cebu-city

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Nothing in there about masks.  I think masks should continue to be required in public for a few months.

The local barangay guys here got a bit heavy handed with the whole mask thing, but yesterday when going to the bank in my car they've now blocked off the nearest street and there were about 15 of them all sitting about tables in a big group without masks eating from the same pots.

One rule for them and one rule for everyone else. Then the check point guards with their masks pulled down to their chin all day.

1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I did read the article.  Perhaps I wasn't clear in my question.  Were you saying the media was ridiculing that article and the idea of ozone treatment?   I agree they rediculed the president's statement. 

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood you. They were ridiculing him for saying you can inject disinfectants, though they ended up changing his words to bleach. But H2O2 and Ozone are both disinfectants you can inject, that's what I meant - I should have been more clear.

Or as the previous linked commentary video on the BBC said, just ridicule him for what he's said that has no backing.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, OnMyWay said:

If this bill passes it could be 3 years.

Face masks, physical distancing: House bill sets 'new normal' in post-lockdown PH
If passed into law, the proposed New Normal for the Workplace and Public Spaces Act of 2020 will be effective for 3 years or sooner, once a 'viable vaccine has contained or eradicated COVID-19'

https://www.rappler.com/nation/259239-house-bill-require-face-mask-physical-distancing-after-lockdown 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2020 at 10:50 AM, GeoffH said:

There are two ways to deal with the 'allowing people back to work' problem (and I agree it is a huge problem), one is to rejig the work places so that social distancing is implemented at the work places.  Things like McDonalds and Jollibee allowing only take away not eat in.  Supermarkets putting tape on the floor where people stand 1.5 meters apart when queing for the cash register and only allowing one person from a house hold into a supermarket to do the shopping.  Those sorts of things allow the restaurant workers and supermarket workers to work and can be implemented in a lot of industries. 

Maybe I missed it even after re-reading your post a few times?

From what I have read, massive and comprehensive testing also seems like a tool to greatly improve health and to reduce exposure?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic