New hopes in the CV fight

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

In Iran, the government mandates that manufacturers of toxic methanol add an artificial colour to their products so the public can tell it apart from ethanol, the kind of alcohol that can be used in cleaning wounds.

Okay, okay.... I get it... cut back on the Tanduay... All this time I thought I was fighting incipient infection....:SugarwareZ-034:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

AK.... you are picking on me again!!! Shame on you!!!:Mad:

Sorry. I'll stop picking on you when you do the same.:smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I found this late last night when I was surfing and couldn't sleep... I am always up for trying something reasonable and easy to try to defend against this virus - but not drinking Lysol, bleach, or shining a UV light up my ***! I tend to trust doctors and scientists a bit more (a whole LOT more!) than politicians trying to get re-elected.

This One Supplement May Save You from COVID-19
Colby Hall 2 days ago

© Provided by Eat This, Not That!
vitamin d
A recently published medical study is showing a strong correlation between this key supplement and mortality rates that have come with the coronavirus: Vitamin D.

A Northwestern University-led research team looked at COVID-19 cases from hospitals and clinics across China, France, Germany, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. They discovered a strong correlation between Vitamin D deficiency and mortality rates from the deadly COVID-19 contagion. That's right, vitamin D could save your life.

Patients from Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom that had high COVID-19 mortality rates had lower levels of vitamin D compared to patients in countries that were not as severely affected. The study found a strong correlation between vitamin D levels and something called "cytokine storm."

What is a cytokine storm? It is a hyperinflammatory condition caused by an overactive immune system.  According to Science, a cytokine storm is a driving force in COVID-19 mortality rates:

Some clinicians suspect the driving force in many gravely ill patients' downhill trajectories is a disastrous overreaction of the immune system known as a "cytokine storm," which other viral infections are known to trigger. Cytokines are chemical signaling molecules that guide a healthy immune response; but in a cytokine storm, levels of certain cytokines soar far beyond what's needed, and immune cells start to attack healthy tissues. Blood vessels leak, blood pressure drops, clots form, and catastrophic organ failure can ensue.

The research notes that the data on Vitamin D levels was not readily available for COVID-19 patients they considered, but that they "leveraged the previously established links between Vitamin D and C-Reactive Protein (CRP) and between CRP and severe COVID-19, respectively, to estimate the potential impact of Vitamin D on the reduction of severe COVID-19."

"Cytokine storm can severely damage lungs and lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome and death in patients," Ali Daneshkhah, a postdoctoral research associate at Northwestern's McCormick School of Engineering, said in a statement. "This is what seems to kill a majority of COVID-19 patients, not the destruction of the lungs by the virus itself. It is the complications from the misdirected fire from the immune system."

While the study is not yet peer-reviewed, there is such global eagerness for any relevant data on the global pandemic, these findings are already being looked at as yet another critical piece in the COVID-19 puzzle that has remained unsolved by medical and public health risk experts alike.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Good information, Tommy. Thank you.

Many recent previous posts have mentioned the importance of keeping your vitamin D levels up. A few times British Dr. Campbell's videos on the subject have been mentioned as well.  I would think that most of us now are either taking D supplements or taking 15-20 min. daily sun exposures to produce the D our bodies need naturally.  I take 2,000 I.U/ 25 microgram dosages daily in the form of gel capsules (very inexpensive generic in the US)  and during lock down my near by forum member tells me that he suns.  

Hope you are keeping your D level up.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Hope you are keeping your D level up.  

Yup. costs me nothing to sit in the sun with L for 15-20 minutes and, skin cancer risks aside, it feels good, even in the sweltering heat. We also take supplemental vitamins that include vitamin D among others.

But I am out of vitamin T (Tanduay)!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I tried vitamin T one year, thinking cola/lemon lime coolers would get me more bang for my Piso, but the head bang wasn't worth it, so I went back to vitamin 'B-GE' . Beer-Golden Eagle.

• Haha 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted
On 4/24/2020 at 4:57 AM, AusExpat said:

President President alluded to this in his talk with the press today.

President DJT also said "Go Ask China" to a COVID-19 question.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

thinking cola/lemon lime coolers would get me more bang for my Piso,

Hey, Man.... You should have just tried it straight up with a beer or water chaser. It's the cola and lime that made your head throb. Or just try it long enough that you get used to the next morning?:shades:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack D said:
On 4/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, AusExpat said:

President President alluded to this in his talk with the press today.

Poor man had another temper tantrum.:whistling:

• Haha 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

or shining a UV light up my ***!

UV light is a very good disinfectant and is being used to disinfect masks, etc so they can be reused. UV light is also good for treating mouth related infections. And I suppose if you had an infection up your **s it would be good for that to. FYI, I don't want to know how you got that infection. :hystery:

PS: I know I have been picking on your posts Tommy but you seem even tempered and normally very reasonable when discussing things.

Peace!

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic