Three year post-lockdown plan

Heeb
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure if it's your age preventing you from going out or location, but I have no problems going out for a walk, I see some running or riding bikes and there is no issue as long as you stay close to your area or home, but if you are in an area where many have been infected I'm sure they will be more strict in that area. For me and it's only in my case there are a few virus infections basically all around me but so far none in my immediate area.

It's not an age thing, I'm 58, and I don't look that old, even in the street in front of my house they tell me to go in, including the maid and anyone else from the house, we have four nieces from Laguna that got stuck here with us, also we can't walk the dog, which has now become 7 dogs, our Shih Tzu had puppies before the lockdown , they're three months old, and we should have been rid of them by now, as far as I know there haven't been any infected here locally in the freeport, which is on lockdown, we can't leave, it's not good to keep people cooped up like this for long periods of time, and GCQ isn't going to be any better since the nieces are under 21 and my wife is 60.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Western Opinions matter not

Western Opinions only matter when backed with cash.  Examples:  Western Opinon says lockdown and social distance and here is money to help you do that.  YES they like.  Western Opinion says smoking is bad for you and here is money to help you make your cities Non Smoking.  YES they like that.  Western Opinion says a lot of human trafficking goes on and here is money to help combat that.  YES they like that.  .   .   Need I go on?

So in essence I am agreeing with you that Filipinos are only interested in what cash is in it for them.  They laugh at the "Western Opinions" but put on a straight face while the money is being handed out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As you wish But............. with respect, we are in the Philippines Geoff and to be quite honest I am fed up with  hearing  about other Countries, we are if you remember, a Philippine based Forum, there is a Forum for world news  :tiphat: which i  generally do not read much:smile:

Are you sugessting that the Corona Virus topics should be in the world forum because they effect the whole world?

From a holistic point of view I can see that...

I wouldn't mind... but that's not something I can do.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Are you sugessting that the Corona Virus topics should be in the world forum because they effect the whole world?

From a holistic point of view I can see that...

I wouldn't mind... but that's not something I can do.

:whatever: My Opinion and or suggestions are really irrelevant except to say I am more concerned with my Adoptive Country and I would have thought any member that has made their home here would agree but then, we do have many members as we have discussed before really do not want to be here and think we are all Interested in where they actually want to be ( I am sure after all this time this does not include you) I do Hope though Geoff, that it will not be too long before you can come back to us  :smile:

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I do Hope though Geoff, that it will not be too long before you can come back to us  :smile:

Thank you... I am hoping for that also!

It is possible that my currently being out of the country is inluencing my posting, if that is the case then I apologize.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am more concerned with my Adoptive Country

I too am concerned Jack. Having said that, when I was in my birth country and I saw something I didn't like, I talked to someone in charge, suggested changes and when they were ignored, I whined, bitched, moan and complained to any that would listen.  

Like you I am a permanent resident here. Just because I have blue eyes, and tagalog is not my native language does my opinion not count? :89:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, scott h said:

Just because I have blue eyes, and tagalog is not my native language does my opinion not count? 

That Scott, depends who you are talking to

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/5/2020 at 7:40 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure if it's your age preventing you from going out or location, but I have no problems going out for a walk, I see some running or riding bikes and there is no issue as long as you stay close to your area or home, but if you are in an area where many have been infected I'm sure they will be more strict in that area. For me and it's only in my case there are a few virus infections basically all around me but so far none in my immediate area.

What level lockdown is your area on?

As Heeb said, our ECQ here in the Freeport is fairly tight and we are not allowed to walk/run/bike in the streets, or walk a dog.  They also have checkpoints out on the main road to see if you have a pass and/or observing social distancing in the vehicle.  Seem those are mainly to check the few shuttle buses that are still allowed.

The family and I have dealt with it fairly well, but yesterday and today I really noticed I was feeling down.  It is starting to get to me and my wife too.  I hope we get some more freedom on the 15th.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

What level lockdown is your area on?

ECQ 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just to make a quick note here. Of course, testing is inadequate and can  possibly be misleading... however...

According to the charts that @Jollygoodfellow posted links, Davao City has no new infections "reported" yesterday and less than 200 total infections. That, even if not entirely accurate, tells me that ECQ may be working. This seems lots better than in many western cities of comparable size? If so, then I am okay with this for as long as it takes. If I sicken and go to a hospital here, I see the chances of surviving or recovering as between slim and none. Better to just not get sick at all.

Our front door is locked and L only goes out once every two or three weeks for groceries and takes numerous precautions including washing hands (of course), changing clothes and showering as soon as she gets home, cleaning her cell phone with alcohol wipe, leaving shoes/slippers outside. Yes, it is a bit inconvenient, but it seems to all be worth it and working. Now... if Skyworthless can just broadcast movies other than the repeated Fast and Furious, Avengers, Iron Man, Mission Impossible, Hobbit-related and on and on...?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic