Seniors Stay at Home

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

So is alcohol... But do they listen to us???? Nooo... But they allow me into hardware stores... go figure...:89:

Does your hardware store have a section where they sell home distillery equipment?

Could be time for a new hobby :)

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, GeoffH said:

Does your hardware store have a section where they sell home distillery equipment?

Geoff... I am an ex-sailor... Come on, man, seriously... do you not think that I cannot turn anything I find in a "hardware" store into distilling gear?... I already ordered some wine yeast online as suggested by another member here... I used to brew my own beer on the yacht - not the best in the world, but "drink for affect!" seemed to work!:89::hystery::shooter:

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

This could be useful.

₱7,891
  • Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

The point is, IF 'they' feel like locking you up for some perceived transgression of their (changed daily ?) rules, they CAN.

Chew on that while you're out and about enjoying the 'relaxed' enforcement.

Edited by graham59
  • Hmm thinking 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We are on MGCQ here in Iloilo.  Over 60 are allowed out for regular business... but the governor is considering reinstating the under 20, over 60 quarantine, and coming out with quarantine passes again. The Antique province already reinstated the age restrictions. 

Rules can change daily. Hard to stay up to date...  :tiphat: 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, graham59 said:

The point is, IF 'they' feel like locking you up for some perceived transgression of their (changed daily ?) rules, they CAN.

Chew on that while you're out and about enjoying the 'relaxed' enforcement.

I get your point, Graham...

I think there really is no excuse for the "lock us up" directives... It should be up to us to decide if we should be exposed or not. I know that the "powers that be" SAY that they are concerned about the cost to them and their constituents (supposedly) for any infection treatments... Meanwhile, I am truly dismayed when I observe so many when I am "out and about" flaunting the mask-up policies... 

So I am chewing on that... as you suggest.:unsure:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am not familiar with the law here, but in the US it has been through the Supreme Court numerous times - the government has the right and responsibility to quarantine as they see fit, for the public good.   I suspect the government can do that here in the PIs as well.  Protecting the public good is not about our comfort. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Remember when all the filipinas told us old goats that "Really?  You are that old?  You don't look a day over 50."

Well now is the time to put that to the test and see if ya get ID'd

I have not been asked my age or for ID yet.  Turned 70 last month.  I do not go out often, today it was to buy medicine and a few groceries.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well yesterday we went out swimming. No masks, but life jackets were worn by the non-swimmers. :thumbsup:

DSCN8599.JPG

DSCN8603.JPG

DSCN8604.JPG

DSCN8607.JPG

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

8 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Well yesterday we went out swimming. No masks, but life jackets were worn by the non-swimmers. :thumbsup:

Nice photos, Graham... Lovely area to recreate!

• Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic