Seniors Stay at Home

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, jimeve said:

They  never ask my age for some reason, I just show them my pass and they let me in after the complimentary hand sanitize and temperature test.

Same with me.

BC57
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2020 at 7:57 AM, scott h said:

Front page of the Star this morning, Article about that even under Gcq that seniors must remain at home unless absolutely necessary. In the meantime a picture right next to the article showing a 82 year old man buying a bicycle so he could get to his fish vendor job. As if that is a vital industry :hystery: 

Sometimes you can not make this stuff up :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Since barangay passes are not be used anyone still go out. They don't pay attention unless you might try to enter a mall. I've been out and about many places but have not tried to enter the mall. My wife does the shopping so no problem for me.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, BC57 said:

Since barangay passes are not be used anyone still go out. They don't pay attention unless you might try to enter a mall. I've been out and about many places but have not tried to enter the mall. My wife does the shopping so no problem for me.

We have the same experience here. The passes are still supposed to be used - according to regulations - but now they wave us through the checkpoints because we are wearing masks and there are only two of us. L also does the shopping so I have not been in a mall for a couple months now - and don't miss them!!!

No problems going into Wilcon or Citi Hardware - they don't look for passes and don't stop me to check age.

Citi was, however, the most challenging. You step into the queue marked outside with 2 meter marks, step on a sanitizing mat, wash your hands, using a foot operated switch for the water, dry hands with a hot air blower. The guard checks you at arm's length with the temp. gun and then you go in. There you wash your hands with alcohol sanitizer that leaves your hands smelly and sticky from whatever gunk they use.

Fortunately, we didn't need anything yesterday because the checkout line _with the 2 meter spacing lines stretched half way down the length of this huge store...

Wilcon is so simple - just walk in... no checks, no foot pads, no temp check, no pass needed...

Oh... and the barangay checkpoints are either gone or unmanned except sometimes in evenings. They look more like little get togethers for the local boys - half with masks down past their chin. I wouldn't be surprised if they were sipping Tanduay or beers when cars aren't driving by...

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2020 at 12:01 PM, Mike J said:

I have not been asked my age or for ID yet.  Turned 70 last month.  I do not go out often, today it was to buy medicine and a few groceries.

Same in Bacolod, its pretty much life as usual. Restos open selling beers and such, the only difference here is masks. Apart all normal, appears different rules for different cities. Yesterday went out of the city for some hiking, although there was a canopy type check point the couple police were asleep on a chair inside......Same when we returned a few hours later.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, BC57 said:

Depends where you live and local rules. Here in Cebu city at the Ayala mall the other day everyone had to show a pass to enter. I have a pass and my GF has a work statement which is the same as a pass for her.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2020 at 9:11 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Depends where you live and local rules. Here in Cebu city at the Ayala mall the other day everyone had to show a pass to enter. I have a pass and my GF has a work statement which is the same as a pass for her.

Was this rule reinstated or has it always been so?   Here Bacolod its very lax, nobody seems to care so long as one wears a mask in public.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Was this rule reinstated or has it always been so?   Here Bacolod its very lax, nobody seems to care so long as one wears a mask in public.

Again,, you are in a different part of the Philippines. Each Local gov has their own rules.  This is in so much news and why I say depends on where you live. 

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Again,, you are in a different part of the Philippines. Each Local gov has their own rules.  This is in so much news and why I say depends on where you live. 

Yeah, like here in Iloilo. The mayor puts out a set of rules for the city of Iloilo. The governor puts out a set of rules for the province of Iloilo.  But... we are both on MGCQ - shouldn't the rules be the same?  They mostly are, but there is no consistency.  Not that I expected consistency ha ha :tiphat: 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Agree the rules are confusing as hell based on boundaries, date/time, and latest posting from any level of government.  I go out when I have to and wear my pass and mask.  If I am told to go home, I will be polite, thank them, and do so.

• Like 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted
On 6/4/2020 at 9:04 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Remember when all the filipinas told us old goats that "Really?  You are that old?  You don't look a day over 50."

I remember those days and I was already 61 at the time, but after several years, security guards at banks (and other places) would say: "you're a senior!, right?"... go to the senior line.

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic