Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, TerryP said:

They own a haulage business run by 2 of the sons

The third is working in Norway ploughing money back home

They tell me they don't want my money it's not necessary

It's my decision to contribute eventually

I appreciate the cautionary advice but on this occasion the greatest amount of trust is coming from them

One of the better businesses to be fair.  That and tourist transportation, usually all we read about is the foreigner pumping money into money making schemes that the family has no experience of but they read about it once.

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Hi guys

First of all thanks for all of the valuable advice and information you have given me I've got a much clearer Idea of how it works over there now

Can I ask a couple of questions regarding return tickets

I enter on a 30 day visa free basis and at some point apply for a 29day extension

Then I have a series of visa extensions up to 3 years

I assume I must have proof of a return ticket at the end of each visa extension

If that's so what is the most economical way to do it

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Hi guys

First of all thanks for all of the valuable advice and information you have given me I've got a much clearer Idea of how it works over there now

Can I ask a couple of questions regarding return tickets

I enter on a 30 day visa free basis and at some point apply for a 29day extension

Then I have a series of visa extensions up to 3 years

I assume I must have proof of a return ticket at the end of each visa extension

If that's so what is the most economical way to do it

You dont need proof except for boarding and entering the country, after that it dont matter. Its what commonly known as throw away tickets, buy the cheapest ticket to anywhere.

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

I have a feeling after spending the first 6 months in the Philippines you have this nailed down quite well.... and assuming you stay... you'll be full of advice on how this works... and doesn't. :cheersty:

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You dont need proof except for boarding and entering the country, after that it dont matter. Its what commonly known as throw away tickets, buy the cheapest ticket to anywhere.

1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You're a mindful of information Jolly

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
Just now, TerryP said:

Thanks again

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Joey G said:

I have a feeling after spending the first 6 months in the Philippines you have this nailed down quite well.... and assuming you stay... you'll be full of advice on how this works... and doesn't. :cheersty:

Cheers joey

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, TerryP said:

Not really but have been around long enough to know the basics. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Terry P
Posted
Posted

Hi guys

Hope everyone is well

Haven't been on for a while

Didn't seem a lot of point while the world was closed

Looks like there's an end on the horizon so it's time to return my attention to getting out of the UK

Decided in June to book a one way with Qatar airways £500 a little expensive but I'm able to rebook with no fees or price hike as many times as I want latest flight date is end of January might be a little ambitious but I can rebook again. I thought it was a smart thing to do. I can envisage flight prices escalating if you are even able to get one when the skies open up for us

I've found out you can apply to the Philippines embassy in UK for your 29 day extension and no fees and it's valid for 3 months apparently it's 3days to process

If that's useful to anyone check it out online at eTA Philippines

Anyone who remembers me the family has a haulage business there. That's going great we've added 2 trucks to the fleet. We're hauling essential goods so no problems with travel restrictions. That's income plus for us all

The missus and her sons seem to have a grip on everything over there including looking out for changes that'll effect me

Having said that you guys are directly affected by any significant changes to expat changes over there so a heads up would be appreciated

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Buying tickets in that way seems a very reasonable choice Terry. We just can't know what the future holds with the virus. 

• Like 1