Quarantine Wine

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, insite said:

Don't be put off trying the apple cider Tommy as that definitely works.

Not at all... I just have to find it now... Have you tried Save More or Robinsons? Those, to me, are the stores less traveled around here...

insite
Posted
Posted

Many of the supermarkets including Savemore have 1.5 or 2L bottles of Tree Top which you could buy and decant into a 4L container.

I went to GMall for some more Jolly Juice but they had none and whilst there stumbled on the Martinellis - I bought the three 1.5L bottles left - I am told S&R have it also from time to time

• Thanks 1

insite
Posted
Posted

I got my Juniper berries yesterday so I now have everything I need to do some craft gin experiments - everything that is except the vodka to infuse :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

1593924426848.JPEG

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry, Jim... have to make this comment... so your are going to try to make olive oil wine? Really? That's sounding quite desperate...:unsure:

Noooo Tom, Got a 4 liter container, going to use that.:rolleyes: 

Edited by jimeve
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, insite said:

I got my Juniper berries yesterday so I now have everything I need to do some craft gin experiments - everything that is except the vodka to infuse :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

So now you just need potatoes and a bath tub???

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Recent apple wine, a bit too sweet for me but wife loves it. 

.IMG_20200706_185810387.jpg

insite
Posted
Posted

Persevere Mate .....

Reduce the sugar .

My Cran Apple was a gusher when opened , far too sweet and not to anybody's liking here .

Gave a decanted half litre to the gardener today and will give him the balance throughout the week if he survives tonight :hystery:

Decanting my second batch Jolly Juice this evening

• Haha 1

insite
Posted
Posted

Hi Tommy,

As a Davaoeño would you by any chance know where one can get Sodastream CO2 gas cylinders refilled ?

Refills can be bought online and also at True Value bit they are a tad pricey ......

Any thoughts ?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, insite said:

Hi Tommy,

As a Davaoeño would you by any chance know where one can get Sodastream CO2 gas cylinders refilled ?

Refills can be bought online and also at True Value bit they are a tad pricey ......

Any thoughts ?

Hi Insite...

Sorry... no clue about these here. I used to have them many years ago on the yacht and just bought the cylinders almost anywhere - Kiwiland, Oz, even Fiji, I think... But gave it away...

Let me know what you find online... I may be interested in doing that again seeing as prices for so many things have been increasing...

insite
Posted
Posted

UPDATE ......

This is the batch made from Jolly Juice - dry and very crisp if not as clear as previous - very moreish

Martinelli batch bottled today

1594462608315.JPEG

1594462608984.JPEG

• Like 2