Quarantine Wine

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
On 6/15/2020 at 6:39 PM, jimeve said:

my bil's drink coke with Red Horse, never tried it. Now I know how to drink some rough red wine.

A good tip for improving a poor red wine is to remove about a shots worth (in the UK we call that 1/6th of Gill) from the bottle and replace it with the same amount of a cheap brandy. Improves it no end. :cheersty:

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted

The first two brews were with Tree Top Apple juice - its a 3.9L container and I bought it in SR in Davao - - the Cran Apple is a 3L container also from SR - do you have an SR locally ?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, insite said:

The first two brews were with Tree Top Apple juice - its a 3.9L container and I bought it in SR in Davao - - the Cran Apple is a 3L container also from SR - do you have an SR locally ?

Did they have a decent supply of the apple juice at S & R? I will go there on my next quarantine permission day - Tuesday... I received my yeast a few days ago so am itching to get started with some apple wine. Yours looked and sounded like (from your descriptions) to be really good! Please PM me is you prefer...

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, insite said:

No, only Robinson and two Chinese owned groceries  stores

insite
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Did they have a decent supply of the apple juice at S & R? I will go there on my next quarantine permission day - Tuesday... I received my yeast a few days ago so am itching to get started with some apple wine. Yours looked and sounded like (from your descriptions) to be really good! Please PM me is you prefer...

Last week SR had no apple juice in large containers at all - just the Cran Apple I bought which is not reacting at all that I can see to the sugar and yeast I infused yesterday

How does one PM on this site ?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, insite said:

How does one PM on this site ?

Click on the message at the top, looks like an envelope! next to the bell

insite
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Click on the message at the top, looks like an envelope! next to the bell

This appears to be the only bell at the top and there is no envelope - am I missing something ?                  This Bell ?.jpg

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, insite said:

This appears to be the only bell at the top and there is no envelope - am I missing something ?                  This Bell ?.jpg

Are you on a cell Phone? I'm on a desktop and it shows a bell and a envelope.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:whatever: Strange things happen EH!

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted

I am on an IMac