Dating Filipinas?

Heeb
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That used to be the advice 10 years ago, and it worked.  Now you will find a lot of foreigners trolling the malls and a lot of girls who get tired of getting hit on by foreigners in malls.

I think the secret is not be too aggressive, just go to the mall and try on a shirt in the men's department or something, I've been flirted on even with my wife with me, I'm not allowed out to the mall by myself anymore. That being said, who knows the story of the girls flirting on me, my niece works in an SM store in Laguna, and she is late thirties but has three kids and a granddaughter, her husband is awol, not the ideal women to date for sure.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the effect of 'mall trolling' is inversely proportional to the number of foreign guys in the area.

True, however foreign men tend to cluster in places like Dumaguete or Cebu etc.  In cities like that "mall trolling" nets few results.

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JDDavao said:

My advice is to answer the following honestly, to yourself:

1. If there are 12 million women in my own country that I cannot have a successful relationship with, what makes me think I will find a successful relationship in the Philippines?

2. Is it really a relationship I'm looking for?

3. Why the Philippines?

Depending on where exactly country Number 1 is located it could be because a vast number of them are overweight, strongly opinionated and therefor to some guys , a tad less desirable. Your questions though are good and valid.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

I don't think we should lie to ourselves boss, there's plenty of great looking women in their 20s/30s from the west but they aren't interested in the majority of expats living in the Philippines. Good looking Filipinas in their 20s/30s are though:biggrin:

I guess you've answered all of JDDavao's questions right there! 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... not bragging here, but I have had the reverse situation occur to me on two occasions

I have twice had attractive young women (I am guessing 20's?) approach me in malls. One asked me if I was looking for a woman (!!!???) when I was lurching around using crutches from a recent m/cycle crash. She was very attractive, but I told her, "No... I am fine, thanks..."

The other approached me after I picked up some coffee in a Starbucks. I had both hands loaded with shopping bags from the grocery store. She approached me and asked if I needed help with my goods. Hmmm... same answer to her - thanks for the offer, but I am taken and really do not need your help...

I know I am not attractive, so I can only assume it is the allure of an older foreigner (can you say, single, older, wealthy, hmmm... ATM???). Oh well... 

• Like 3