MGCQ versus GCQ - my experience

shabbynomad70
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont believe an agent who is accredited with the BI as a fixer. They have to apply to be able to process visas on your behalf so they are legitimate business such as travel agents and others that have a proper business. As i said years ago someone would be hanging around the front of the BI to take care of things for you for a fee but they are not allowed to do so these days and as far as I know are not.

I pay an accredited person to renew my visa which this person's business has been doing it for many years so you cant call these people fixers as a fixer is someone that is doing things illegally or through the back door.

A travel agent can take care of your flights if you dont want to book direct through the airline so they are an agent, not fixer. Just not sure if I am making my point but we really have drifted off topic once again. 

ok mr g, i have done my homework and have some update for visa issues et cet

the company next door to immigration here in dumaguete also operates an office in jcenter mall but outside the mall proper, and they also have services on siquijor island.  the are an accredited service provider.  they proide tourist visa extension,  emigration clearan certificate, PRD ID renewal,  SRVvisa application, 9g workign visa and 13 a spousal visa   phone 09959572959 for more info

the benefit i see for dumaguete so far is no waiting.  plus doing the emmigation clearance here would save a lot fo time and trouble

if this has already been identified,  my apologies.  company name is dRC 

• Like 1

shabbynomad70
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I've been stuck in Aussie for a while but when I came through Aussie customs the customs officer was very unhappy with me for the 'non stamp/non sticker' paper in there.   To be fair Australia do now use electronic passport scanning machines and having sheets of paper receipts in a passport means the scanning machines can't be used and the passport has to be processed manually.

well i just came from the immigration office in dumaguete city today wednesday and they do not plan to do the stickers again and also do not plan to do the rubber stamps.  just your paper receipt showing you paid for certain dates.   makes the philippines look so inept, hard to believe

• Sad 1

shabbynomad70
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, hk blues said:

Just a couple of observations from me -

Don't you think that by actively using the "system" you are perpetuating it for those who come later?

And,

Don't you think that one of the reasons us foreigners are perhaps disliked is because of the way many of us utilise our wealth to cut in line?

I'm not being judgemental b.t.w.- will just say again though that I have never had the need or seen the need to make use of the services of "fixers" but I understand that some may. 

hello hk,  well by my actively using the system am i perpetuating it?   so the philppines is about 130 million people who have been an independent sovereign nation for something like 70 years, right?  so if you go to the "corruptions percepton index" on wikipedia, you will see they rank the philippines as number 113 worst corruption out of a total of 179 countries listed.  the phils has gone down 4 points in the rankings in the last five years.  the US is number 23 and has gone down 5 points.   i would tell you what the country of your birth has done except i cannto find your flag listed among the 179 nations.   would you mind telling me the country of your birth?

so i guess my question is,  do you really thing that one person is going to "perpetuate" a corrupt system by following the rules of that system?  or that you will change it by not following the rules?   who does your laundry?  cuts your grass?   cooks your food?  cleans your house.   can you telll me please if you do these things yourself or if you pay to have it done?   if i use someone to do the legal legwork to help me so i don't have to stand in line for four hours (at age 77)   do you see that really as an issue?   do you see it as ilegal?.   i want to avoid the arrogance of presuming i know whats best for the phils and sit in judgement about how things are done here.

your second point,  do i think we foreigners are disliked because we use our wealth to cut in line?   are we disliked?   i have not had that personal experience.  perhaps you have.   do i cut in line?  never.   the arrogance demontrated here by foreigners living in grand houses, gated communities, driving big SUVs that rule the road,  eating in expensive restaurants.   and really bad,  talking negatively about the phils probably creates some resentments here just as such behavior does it the US.

i would need more personal information about your car, house and habits to know how i feel about your presence here and if you are likely to be  negative influence.  feel free to share!!   how many people are you helping through covid?   my highest  level was 30 but that is now somewhat reduced as some have been able to go back to work.  do you think these people think i am utilizing my wealth inappropriately?  have not heard that hk!

Shady
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, shabbynomad70 said:

they do not plan to do the stickers again and also do not plan to do the rubber stamps.  just your paper receipt showing you paid for certain dates.   makes the philippines look so inept, hard to believe

It's just weird, stickers can't be easily faked like a printout can. Seems like if it was a budget issue they could just raise rates accordingly. There is a benefit for those on a tourist Visa though, you won't run out of passport pages.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, shabbynomad70 said:

hello hk,  well by my actively using the system am i perpetuating it?   so the philppines is about 130 million people who have been an independent sovereign nation for something like 70 years, right?  so if you go to the "corruptions percepton index" on wikipedia, you will see they rank the philippines as number 113 worst corruption out of a total of 179 countries listed.  the phils has gone down 4 points in the rankings in the last five years.  the US is number 23 and has gone down 5 points.   i would tell you what the country of your birth has done except i cannto find your flag listed among the 179 nations.   would you mind telling me the country of your birth?

so i guess my question is,  do you really thing that one person is going to "perpetuate" a corrupt system by following the rules of that system?  or that you will change it by not following the rules?   who does your laundry?  cuts your grass?   cooks your food?  cleans your house.   can you telll me please if you do these things yourself or if you pay to have it done?   if i use someone to do the legal legwork to help me so i don't have to stand in line for four hours (at age 77)   do you see that really as an issue?   do you see it as ilegal?.   i want to avoid the arrogance of presuming i know whats best for the phils and sit in judgement about how things are done here.

your second point,  do i think we foreigners are disliked because we use our wealth to cut in line?   are we disliked?   i have not had that personal experience.  perhaps you have.   do i cut in line?  never.   the arrogance demontrated here by foreigners living in grand houses, gated communities, driving big SUVs that rule the road,  eating in expensive restaurants.   and really bad,  talking negatively about the phils probably creates some resentments here just as such behavior does it the US.

i would need more personal information about your car, house and habits to know how i feel about your presence here and if you are likely to be  negative influence.  feel free to share!!   how many people are you helping through covid?   my highest  level was 30 but that is now somewhat reduced as some have been able to go back to work.  do you think these people think i am utilizing my wealth inappropriately?  have not heard that hk!

I'm from Scotland - you may have heard of it?

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, shabbynomad70 said:

ok mr g, i have done my homework and have some update for visa issues et cet

the company next door to immigration here in dumaguete also operates an office in jcenter mall but outside the mall proper, and they also have services on siquijor island.  the are an accredited service provider.  they proide tourist visa extension,  emigration clearan certificate, PRD ID renewal,  SRVvisa application, 9g workign visa and 13 a spousal visa   phone 09959572959 for more info

the benefit i see for dumaguete so far is no waiting.  plus doing the emmigation clearance here would save a lot fo time and trouble

if this has already been identified,  my apologies.  company name is dRC 

Not sure why you keep directing this at me. It wasn't me that said anything about them being a fixer. Do you read my posts? I said 4 times they have to be accredited so they are not fixers. I know pretty well if they have an office they are not an underhanded fixer. 

shabbynomad70
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm from Scotland - you may have heard of it?

yep but never saw the flag,  thanks

shabbynomad70
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure why you keep directing this at me. It wasn't me that said anything about them being a fixer. Do you read my posts? I said 4 times they have to be accredited so they are not fixers. I know pretty well if they have an office they are not an underhanded fixer. 

shabbynomad70
Posted
Posted

so i am new here.  i thought this might be valuable information and/or new information that some or all of the members here might enjoy, but not sure where to post it.   obviously not with you

shabbynomad70
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

so i am new here.   i thought this would be valuable information that some or all of the members might appreciate.   obviously not you.   is there anotehr place i should post it? or is there someone else i should ask?  are you always this nice to new members or am i an exception?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic