no more balikbayan

Heeb
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, softail said:

That’s one good thing about me being stuck in Seattle, can pretty much go about my business like normal 

It’s the same here in Spokane, just bring your mask and wear it in the store, restaurants and bars are open just wear the mask until you sit down. I sent my 9a Visa paperwork in yesterday to the San Fransisco consulate, I almost forgot to put my passport inside, I was actually getting ready to pay before I remembered, I need to lay off the peanut butter cups. Hopefully they will get it turned around in time for my flight on the 13th, chances are the flight will get cancelled but I have a fully refundable and changeable ticket even if I don’t get the visa in time.

• Like 1

Talako
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Heeb said:

It’s the same here in Spokane, just bring your mask and wear it in the store, restaurants and bars are open just wear the mask until you sit down. I sent my 9a Visa paperwork in yesterday to the San Fransisco consulate, I almost forgot to put my passport inside, I was actually getting ready to pay before I remembered, I need to lay off the peanut butter cups. Hopefully they will get it turned around in time for my flight on the 13th, chances are the flight will get cancelled but I have a fully refundable and changeable ticket even if I don’t get the visa in time.

Being stuck in Spokane during the summer is not the worst it can be.

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Talako said:

Being stuck in Spokane during the summer is not the worst it can be.

True, I took my mom to Coeur d’ Alene yesterday for some take out fish n chips and a sit by the lake, no bugs bothered us and there was no trash on the ground, it was a good day.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/21/2020 at 1:13 AM, Heeb said:

I need to lay off the peanut butter cups

What does that mean :89:

Heeb
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What does that mean :89:

I’m out of the peanut butter cups but these while not as tasty do the trick, memory loss a known side effect, less calories than beer since only one does the trick.

8F661D11-7055-4FC9-A12E-32E85C0CFB03.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)

Summer in Spokane, yes indeed, I’ve finally figured out what it is that attracts me to the Philippines, loneliness, I will set aside the comforts here to be around people that are always happy to see me, even if it’s partly because they see me as a potentially $ source. I’m sure gonna miss this too, need to figure out the snowbirding way. 

CCEF008B-211D-468F-AC8F-4764D81645F4.jpeg

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Heeb said:

Summer in Spokane, yes indeed, I’ve finally figured out what it is that attracts me to the Philippines, loneliness, I will set aside the comforts here to be around people that are always happy to see me, even if it’s partly because they see me as a potentially $ source. I

That's a big part of why I prefer living in the Philippines as well.  Of 16 Aunts and Uncles only 1 is still alive and she's 2 hours away, I get along ok with my sister but that's more a birthdays and christmas visits only thing.  The kids are grown up with their own lives and only 1 still lives in Bendigo and good as she is at visiting a 2 hour visit once a fortnight isn't a social life.  I've got a couple of good friends here but lockdown has even stopped those visits and living solo in a full size house gets old after a while.  There are issues with living in the Philippines but being by myself too much hasn't been one of them.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4

Heeb
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That's a big part of why I prefer living in the Philippines as well.  Of 16 Aunts and Uncles one 1 is still alive and she's 2 hours away, I get along ok with my sister but that's more a birthdays and christmas visits only thing.  The kids are grown up with their own lives and only 1 still lives in Bendigo and good as she is at visiting a 2 hour visit once a fortnight isn't a social life.  I've got a couple of good friends here but lockdown has even stopped those visits and living solo in a full size house gets old after a while.  There are issues with living in the Philippines but being by myself too much hasn't been one of them.

Yes, so true, I have my friends but the get togethers aren’t that often, my family is small and 2,000 miles away in Chicago, I know why my wife wanted to go back now, we worked and when we came Home she watched her ABS/CBN which is no more, and I watched my shows or listened to music in the den, that was our existence, that and taking lot’s anti inflammatories, which I rarely need now. I resolve to find only humor in the things that frustrate me over there when I get back.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

That is a photo of the new normal here :smile:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Heeb said:

Summer in Spokane, yes indeed, I’ve finally figured out what it is that attracts me to the Philippines, loneliness, I will set aside the comforts here to be around people that are always happy to see me, even if it’s partly because they see me as a potentially $ source. I’m sure gonna miss this too, need to figure out the snowbirding way. 

Off topic. We will pass near Spokane the 26th on the way to Montana.