no more balikbayan

Heeb
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Off topic. We will pass near Spokane the 26th on the way to Montana.

Are you headed out to visit Glacier?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Friends in Sandpoint and then Glacier. Giving thought moving to Idaho Montana or Philippines.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2020 at 9:08 PM, Old55 said:

Friends in Sandpoint and then Glacier. Giving thought moving to Idaho Montana or Philippines.

Oddly enough I’m headed out to Montana the same day to drop my mother off with my brother, he’s bringing an RV from Chicago so she doesn’t have to stay in a hotel. A lot of people are fleeing expensive cities right now, I’ve read articles about San Francisco and NYC, I imagine the same will happen with Seattle, people are finding that they can work from home so why not go somewhere cheaper and less crowded.

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 2

Talako
Posted
Posted
On 8/23/2020 at 1:47 PM, Heeb said:

...I imagine the same will happen with Seattle, people are finding that they can work from home so why not go somewhere cheaper and less crowded.

I remember a long while back that there were commercials in Spokane about the Seattle traffic.  They showed a couple eating breakfast and the camera pulls out to show them in their car stuck in a traffic jam.  I think it was a real estate ad.

The point of the ad is more true today then it was back then.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Talako said:

I remember a long while back that there were commercials in Spokane about the Seattle traffic.  They showed a couple eating breakfast and the camera pulls out to show them in their car stuck in a traffic jam.  I think it was a real estate ad.

The point of the ad is more true today then it was back then.

I lived over there for eight years before moving to Spokane, this commercial pretty much sums it up, of course when you visit it’s always sunny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Heeb said:

I lived over there for eight years before moving to Spokane, this commercial pretty much sums it up, of course when you visit it’s always sunny.

This must be somewhere in Oregon  I grew up north east of Seattle. 33 degrees and raining and you would never wear a scarf...lol 

• Haha 2