FACE SHIELDS

Freebie
Posted
Posted

And yes its nice in Makati that a great many of the citizens ( or the ghastly named Makatizens) all have a mask and a shield.

Yet  only problem I see is that most people have the damn shield on the top of their head like its a fashion accessory rather than wearing it as its intended.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Yet  only problem I see is that most people have the damn shield on the top of their head like its a fashion accessory rather than wearing it as its intended.

I saw a western guy wearing his back to front last Saturday in Robinson's Mall.  I guess he didn't know if he was coming or going!

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

And yes its nice in Makati that a great many of the citizens ( or the ghastly named Makatizens) <SNIP>

You think Makatizens is bad? 

I grew up in Castlemaine... where the name for the locals is "Castlemaniacs" :hystery:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I grew up in Castlemaine.

Ah So you give it a XXXX  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

The old Castlemaine XXXX brewery building is still there in Castlemaine but no longer brewing XXXX so sadly I can not give it a XXXX.

I have heard conflicting stories about the relationship between Castlemaine XXXX made by Castlemaine Perkins in Queensland and the old Castlemaine XXXX brewery in Castlemaine.  Some say there is no relationship and others that there is.  No idea which is true.

Don’t really mind as long as someone is making XXXX Gold though :7500:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I grew up in Castlemaine

Off topic but did you know anyone with the name of Hirst? 

canadamale
Posted
Posted
On 8/16/2020 at 3:44 AM, Freebie said:

First it was masks, and then various shops starting putting up signs No Mask No Entry.. and then for fear of missing out, every shop, every mall and every mall started the No Mask No Entry.

The same thing is happening with face shield. BPI and Mercury Drugs ( at least where I am ) have No Face Shield no entry signs. For sure this will spread to everywhere. Not sure whats next after shield and mask.

No need to pack them @Balisidar.. they are cheap as chips here..... US$1 per shield.....

can you purchase them at the airport?

canadamale
Posted
Posted
On 8/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I bet there was not one trash bin in sight either. Like most things here, could have been organised better. 

not really a good excuse, you pack it in you pack it out, the same as when you go camping (you do not throw it on the ground for someone else to deal with)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, canadamale said:

not really a good excuse, you pack it in you pack it out, the same as when you go camping (you do not throw it on the ground for someone else to deal with)

Maybe not a good excuse but when you organise a big event at least somewhere to put trash would help but look at any event anywhere, new years eve celebrations and the clean up after is the same.

Just to add for example here in the IT park garden bloc area there are trash bins and recycle bins around the park. Back in the days when there were people and more so on Friday nights and weekends the bins would always be overflowing so the point is if they are there they most likely will be used. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Off topic but did you know anyone with the name of Hirst? 

Doesn’t ring a bell sorry.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic