FACE SHIELDS

Shady
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

"may soon be required" was from last month.  However, I couldn't find the official for the new part.  I thought CNN was never wrong?  :hystery:

The government has made the wearing of face shields mandatory not just in public transport and in the workplace, but also in enclosed establishments like malls.

Members of the task force, which serves as the policy-making body in the government's COVID-19 response, last month said that face shields are highly encouraged – and may soon be required– to be worn in all public places as additional protection since the coronavirus is spread through respiratory droplets.

As if another example of terrible PH reporting was needed, it seems like that last month referred to "encouraged", and  - "may soon be required"  - was editorialized.

Even their own translation sounds more like encouragement than requirement "[Translation: Face shields should also be worn in enclosed commercial establishments such as malls.]

I'll definitely wait for something official.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Shady said:

As if another example of terrible PH reporting was needed, it seems like that last month referred to "encouraged", and  - "may soon be required"  - was editorialized.

Even their own translation sounds more like encouragement than requirement "[Translation: Face shields should also be worn in enclosed commercial establishments such as malls.]

The problem is many news outlets ran with the same thing. Some basically state it as fact. Others have half and half, might, maybe , must. Is that the 3 M's :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

We certainly are off topic but let's also think about your idea. Take it home with you. But then what? Hardly any trash pick up by the city in many areas. If you burn it then pollutes the air or just throw it on the vacant block next door might be an option.

I can see I am giving first world logic to a developing world problem. Although as I was growing up the ditches of our hiways and byways were littered with garbage. Laws were inacted and enforced, over  time people just quit littering or a least to a greater extent. I remember when I was a child our garbage would be picked up once a week by an old man and a team of horses pulling a rubber tire wagon. If the people of the Philippines want to live in a litter free environment then they will enact laws and adapt customs to do so if not home will surely be a garbage dump. It can happen look at Boracay.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shady said:

It doesn't matter here.  The major places have implemented it so if we want to go in, we have to wear the shield.  No point in arguing with the door guards.

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

We certainly are off topic but let's also think about your idea. Take it home with you. But then what? Hardly any trash pick up by the city in many areas. If you burn it then pollutes the air or just throw it on the vacant block next door might be an option.

if the whole world had this attitude we would all be living in a garbage dump, I can visualize the solution, the Philippine peoples will have to bring about there solutions. For myself I will do my best not to litter and will try to show that way to  my gf and her younger siblings/nieces/nephew. yes I wear my mask when I have too, no I do not like it, no I do not believe they significantly contribute to flattening the curve, I feel sorry for you who have to also wear a face shield. Hopefully the president can get a vaccine without bankrupting the country or selling it out. The sooner a solution the sooner we can continue to complete the plans me and the gf have  started to put in place. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 8/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Canada 

But the difference is that pic in Canada is from 5 years ago whilst the Philippine ones are daily occurences. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, canadamale said:

if the whole world had this attitude we would all be living in a garbage dump,

Well I suggest you set up an education program. A few months ago I was watching a vlog and the guy was on some island and no litter there at all as the people in charge made it a law no litter and whatever else and it worked here in the Philippines. It's not my attitude but sometimes things are not as easy in a poor country as it is in a western world.

To have a litter free environment means to educate the people and set up infrastructure to help with the problem which they have done such as the many installed nets to prevent trash going down the river into the bay but that is only a band aid because the houses built over the rivers have since the beginning of time dumped their trash into the river so educate them, provide a place for trash and remove it regularly.

We can all say things should be done but if there is no leader to get that done nothing will change.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But the difference is that pic in Canada is from 5 years ago whilst the Philippine ones are daily occurences. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

Dave , we know Canada's solutions dont we  :biggrin:

canada-garbage-ban-toxics.jpg

I will split all these trash topic posts into a topic. Don't know where we started on this since the topic is Face shields. 

Shady
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It doesn't matter here.  The major places have implemented it so if we want to go in, we have to wear the shield.  No point in arguing with the door guards.

True but that's your region's rules, not the nation's, and not my region where almost nobody except the workers are wearing shields.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I will split all these trash topic posts into a topic. Don't know where we started on this since the topic is Face shields. 

Throw them in the bin

• Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic