Why go from your country.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 9/2/2020 at 11:41 PM, GeoffH said:

The Oxford vaccine (Astra Zeneca) is expected to start production by the end of October and ramp up from there.  And other well researched western vaccines aren’t far behind.

I fully expect the lockdowns and travel restrictions to ease as vaccine take up increases Jack D.

Your right GeoffH, but along with the vaccines come another problem, how do you prove you've had the vaccine to get into a country. I can visual that from now on, in the bar code of new passports it will hold ALL vaccine information for all your health. Letters and health cards can be forged, :thumbsup:

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Your right GeoffH, but along with the vaccines come another problem, how do you prove you've had the vaccine to get into a country. I can visual that from now on, in the bar code of new passports it will hold ALL vaccine information for all your health. Letters and health cards can be forged, :thumbsup:

I hadn't thought about forgery but I'm sure you're right, some people will try that (possibly for money reasons, possibly because they're anti-vax).

For those countries that have E-passports it should be possible to include Covid vaccine status, for others that don't then perhaps a 'vaccine sticker' in the passport?  I know they could be forged also but a vaccine sticker could include security measures that would make it more difficult to copy.

The downside of that sort of thing is it will take time to implement where as there are already widely used health cards.  I've got one with my Rabies vaccine listed (the sticker from the vaccine dose is in the card).

It's going to be organized by government bureaucrats... we shouldn't expect too much speed and efficiency :thumbsup:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
On 9/2/2020 at 7:51 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

think these days with the amount of people from foreign nations in our home country make us all foreigners. 

1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So what's your point? Are you saying its the best thing you ever done to go back home or something? Really makes no difference to me. :popcorn:

My point is that you said that all of us are foreigners, and I'm saying that if I'm a foreigner everywhere, I'd rather be a foreigner in the land of my birth, where I have full rights as a citizen.

If it really doesn't make any difference to you, as you stated, why did you ask your question? :89:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

how do you prove you've had the vaccine

37 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

we shouldn't expect too much speed and efficiency

I am just guessing here, but I have a feeling that those countries with the ability to make "safe" chip passports wont care. 

The US, GB, Australia and the like will all have the vaccine first, they will all be immunized and wont care if an "infected" person comes in. It will be a hassle where a person from a vaccinated  countries wants to travel to a 3rd world country

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Oh, and I forgot to say....no wonder I fit in so well here in the province.... :dance: 

Cheer up everybody !  :biggrin:

• Haha 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just wasted 7 and a bit minutes waiting to see you jump in and dance Graham, I thought it was you wearing the red hat at first .

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, graham59 said:

Oh, and I forgot to say....no wonder I fit in so well here in the province.... :dance:

Graham... where are the females? That does not look like so much fun without girls!!:89:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Graham... where are the females? That does not look like so much fun without girls!!:89:

Perhaps certain members prefer male dance partners? :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

They are there, but peering from behind 'places of safety', I believe.  

peepwall.gif

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, kuripot said:

All really good points which only start making sense when you've been in PH for at least 4-5 years. I'll add/modify some of what you said.

Sounds like time you moved on ?

• Like 3