Do you have a plan in place for medical emergency's?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Do any of you have a detailed plan in place in case of a medical emergency that you would be willing to share?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Do any of you have a detailed plan in place in case of a medical emergency that you would be willing to share?

I'm not sure how detailed such a plan can be as we don't know what kind of emergency we might face.  Basically, get to a hospital ASAP by whatever means seems the quickest at the time. I don't have any idea beyond that as I'm a great believer that the old adage "The best laid plans..." is especially true here.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure how detailed such a plan can be as we don't know what kind of emergency we might face.  Basically, get to a hospital ASAP by whatever means seems the quickest at the time. I don't have any idea beyond that as I'm a great believer that the old adage "The best laid plans..." is especially true here.

What you say is so true Philippines has it's own rules. 

We have a doctor but don't have not detailed what hospital we should use in an emergency or how best to get there. We do have a car and clown van in Cebu for transport.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

What you say is so true Philippines has it's own rules. 

We have a doctor but don't have not detailed what hospital we should use in an emergency or how best to get there. We do have a car and clown van in Cebu for transport.

Does your van have big yellow wheels and a huge red bumper? 

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Does your van have big yellow wheels and a huge red bumper? 

No, but we could place a gum ball machine on the roof to make it an ambulance. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

I don't know if I can call it a plan but since I don't have medical insurance my plan is to use my credit card for any emergency. I added my gf as an authorized user on my cc so In case I am incapacitated she can handle things.

Also, if I ever settled down in the Philippines it is going to be near good hospital and an international airport.... not many choices available...

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Explorer said:

I don't know if I can call it a plan but since I don't have medical insurance my plan is to use my credit card for any emergency. I added my gf as an authorized user on my cc so In case I am incapacitated she can handle things.

Also, if I ever settled down in the Philippines it is going to be near good hospital and an international airport.... not many choices available...

Good idea.

I transferred a suitable sum of money to a bank account for my wife to use in such an emergency.  Knowing things here, I prefer to keep it as simple as possible.  

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Call me a Lucky one or was it Good Planning? :whatever: but my wife has full access to the Finance and I am well insured, we live 5 mins ( walking) from the Barangay Health Centre where the Ambulance is kept with 24 hour driver and nurse  Staff, we live approx 4 km from the Silliman Medical Centre and would pass the new ACE Hospital should it go pear shape on the way So, I think I have a Plan :fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif:

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

In my case I have shown Emma how to dial 999 and ask for a ambulance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Good subject to which I gave some thought a couple years back.

1. Have all the relevant emergency numbers on my phone.. which wouldnt be any use if I was in a coma I know but at least its a start.

2. Have an envelope in plain sight in my apartment with a copy of my medical insurance card, some cash, and a list of my medical history. I have shared this with my live in so she knows what to do ) hopefully)

3. With the envelope is a list of phone numbers of friends etc to call who I know would be smart enough to deal with stuff.

4. I have shown my live in the symptoms of stroke and the need for quick action. Fortunately in my condo building theres a safety person on duty 24/7 plus an ambulance and Makati Med and St Lukes both not too far away. Course if Im away on a trip this is all irrelevant.

5. Perhaps most important, I have very good medical insurance for which I pay a lot but I believe it ill deliver well if ever I need it. Cigna.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1