OK,,,who is going first!!! Annual check in

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I've read here in the forum often there is a shop nearby the office that sells the exact flower/binder needed.

I tried several varieties of flowers with the immigration officers.  They took them but just laughed at me.

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I need to be moderated. :bash:

• Haha 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the helpful info' guys.  :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Old55 said:

I need to be moderated. :bash:

I am in the same boat.  In addition to a spell checker, I need a "correct to what I want, not what I typed checker". :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I just received my 13A in October and just went back before Christmas to pick up my much-delayed AR card. My wife seems to think that I don't have to do the annual reporting.

What say you, the jury of my peers?

You need to do it as I'm in the same boat.  Arrived in October and BI says I still need to report in person.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 1/6/2021 at 6:32 AM, Balisidar said:

You need to do it as I'm in the same boat.  Arrived in October and BI says I still need to report in person.

For us in Iloilo, we need an appointment.  I emailed them today and will go next Friday.  I think it's a good idea to have an appointment system, even outside of Covid times - saves waiting (in theory)

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

For us in Iloilo, we need an appointment.  I emailed them today and will go next Friday.  I think it's a good idea to have an appointment system, even outside of Covid times - saves waiting (in theory)

Whilst typing that last bit I had a wry smile on my face!

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

We went to Sta Rosa City Hall to pay property taxes about 8:45 am this morning.  While my wife paid taxes I went to the BI Office.  A couple people setting around but no one at the three windows.  Handed my passport and ACR card and told to have a seat.  Moments later called to window to pay p310.  They handed back card, passport, and receipt.  Total time 3-5 minutes!  Sometimes you get lucky. :tiphat:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

From the BI Facebook page today.... 

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines

13 January 2021
First week of BI annual
report draws 15k aliens
Some 15,000 aliens reported to different offices of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) last week at the start of this year’s annual report (AR) of foreign nationals staying in the country.
Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said a third of the aliens reported at the BI main office in Intramuros, Manila while the rest filed their ARs in the various immigration field, satellite and extension offices in Metro Manila and the provinces.
Morente urged other foreigners with the BI to register with the bureau’s online appointment system in order to obtain their reporting schedule.
“We advise you to book your appointment slots now and make your report early,” Morente said. “As in previous years, this year’s March 1 deadline of the AR is not extendable. You may visit http://e-services.immigration.gov.ph to schedule your annual report,” he added.
The BI chief, however, foresees a drop in the number of this year’s reportees due to travel restrictions caused by the pandemic. In 2020, there were more than 77,000 aliens who filed for their ARs.
“There are many of them who are currently out of the country and are not able to come back to the Philippines due to these travel restrictions. They can, however, still make their report within 30 days from the date of their return,” Morente said.
Under the alien registration act, foreigners who are holders of valid immigrant and non-immigrant visas and valid alien certificate of registration identity card (ACR I-Card) are required to report to the BI within the first 60 days of a calendar year.
Those making the report must present their passports and ACR I-Cards and pay their annual report fee to the government.
According to the BI, aliens who do not comply with reportorial requirements may be meted sanctions, including fines, visa cancellation, deportation, and imprisonment.

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Did my annual report the other day, despite of yet another brownout. Got there at 6:30 am. doors open at 7 am to take your name and give you a number ticket, I was number 3 so off I went for a coffee back at 8 am that's when BI opens waited about 10 mins, all done. Pick my receipt up next week.

• Like 3