Tourist Visa Extension

Shady
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Very legally jack......took all of 10 minutes about a month ago....

They stopped the 6 month extensions about a month ago so you just had good timing...unless something changed again, which nobody will ever know unless someone tries again and reports it here.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, RBM said:

Think I have read that if one has either a wife or child here they will be able to return Jack. Not sure the requirements to prove same how ever his name will be on the birth certificate Jack

That is correct as of maybe 4 weeks ago from memory.

Foreign spouse and minor children of Filipinos, children with special needs regardless of age of Filipinos, foreign parent of minor Filipinos, and foreign parent of Filipino children with special needs regardless of age will also be allowed entry.

https://web.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/1932878270184204

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

So why is a member here being told No more 6 month extension, He has had One after his 3 years is up and has to leave soon, Manila has told him and his Agent, No More you have to Go :tiphat: (Really am asking for a Friend)

I think the issue is that the one member had already reached the 36 month maximum, while @RBM is still within the 36 month window.  If I recall the other member had to go through a special "appeal" process and pay a butt load of fees, plus his attorney fees? 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Shady said:

They stopped the 6 month extensions about a month ago so you just had good timing...unless something changed again, which nobody will ever know unless someone tries again and reports it here.

I have not heard this, a friend with a US passport is going to apply for a 6 month extension here soon, will report back on his out come.

• Like 2

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
On 2/27/2021 at 2:06 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

The OP is wasting your time. Read his previous post which say he hopes to come here in a few years.  Tell him to come back 3 or 6 months prior to comming here as most has been explained to him in other topics. 

Dear Jollygoodfellow,

In my previous post i did not say "i hope" to enter the Philippines in a few years, as I have just reviewed my post replies.
In the response to Jack Peterson about the current situation, i said if i can't go this year "i'll wait until 2022" as there is nothing else to do but wait.

I assure I'm wasting no one's time, as i am planning ahead to move to the Philippines.
And to contribute to the forum and direct others as you are doing with me.

This is my second post so far. Although i agree most of the needed info was covered in my 1st post, (i just wanted to check if re-entering would allow me to extend tourist visa period, and the cost); to avoid corruption.

Maybe i should have chosen another title for this post, and i apologize if it sounded repetitive.
I'll be more careful from now on.

• Like 5

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
On 2/27/2021 at 12:17 AM, RBM said:

Where I am its still possible to obtain the 6 month extension. No questions asked.

This should apply to other offices to. That's great news!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

This should apply to other offices to. That's great news!

Yes, and no.  There is a certain amount of autonomy granted to the "In Charge" at each office.  They may grant the 6 months at their discretion, subject to internal memos that the general public do not get to see.  How do I know?  I asked the "In Charge" in Dumaguete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, and no.  There is a certain amount of autonomy granted to the "In Charge" at each office.  They may grant the 6 months at their discretion, subject to internal memos that the general public do not get to see.  How do I know?  I asked the "In Charge" in Dumaguete.

I see.
We can assume most BOI Offices should provide the 6months extensions. But It's up to the "In Charge" to grant or not.
Hope the In Charge in Dumaguete will provide mine.

Btw, how did you manage 12 years as a tourist, when the max is 36 months in general? Before applying for a permanent Visa, like Quota or SRRV.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, f5m9v6 said:

Dear Jollygoodfellow,

In my previous post i did not say "i hope" to enter the Philippines in a few years, as I have just reviewed my post replies.

Perhaps I had you confused with someone else or something else I read. I apologize.

• Like 4