How do you feel about condos in the Philippines?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Hey  Snowy... I appreciate greatly what you relate about your condo in the resort...

Not to sound like I am raining on your parade, but... Did you not complain bitterly about the leaky roof that the manager could/would not fix? Or have I mixed up some posts here? And some plumbing issues with cement used to fix water leaks rather than using proper fittings? That is very possible...if so...sorry... I just want to make sure the truth is told...:smile:

Yes the roof repairs took forever and I'm waiting on the drainage to block to give me an excuse to replace them. The house I lived in also got a new roof to be fair and that took even longer to sort.  I moved out 7 months into the job so I don't even know if it's finished. My saving grace is repairs here cost me nothing and the gardening is done by a small Army.

alta garden.jpg

alta garden 2.jpg

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

My saving grace is repairs here cost me nothing and the gardening is done by a small Army.

That place is quite lovely...

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

That place is quite lovely...

I love it here.  Most nights I cook food and take it to the pool and just catch the breeze.  Great for training also as from one end to the other is 1.2km with three nice hills for hill sprints. Some fantastic sunrises and from my apartment I can see any bad weather coming a good 30 mins before it hits. If it wasn't for covid there is a great restaurant with stunning views here.

alta view.jpg

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I love it here.  Most nights I cook food and take it to the pool and just catch the breeze.  Great for training also as from one end to the other is 1.2km with three nice hills for hill sprints. Some fantastic sunrises and from my apartment I can see any bad weather coming a good 30 mins before it hits. If it wasn't for covid there is a great restaurant with stunning views here.

alta view.jpg

A good few years ago we stayed at Fairways at Bluewater on the island , it was beautiful.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

A good few years ago we stayed at Fairways at Bluewater on the island , it was beautiful.

I came close to buying there but almost twice the price and laid out like a hotel room.  Fantastic grounds though with the golf course and semi private beach.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Robi said:

Just something about buying a condo in an earthquake zone makes my arse crave stove wood.

There are videos on YouTube. Search "Earthquake In Manila"

I've felt a few earthquakes while living in this condo. This condo is relatively not that old, maybe 6 years? So probably built with proper earthquake construction methods. Built by Ayala so not a backyard construction company.

But I have watched a few built just outside my area which dont look like good methods to me so depends where you choose to live.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Condo living to me is usually good. Sometimes I wish I had a balcony or backyard for BBQs. Someone mentioned his condo was small at 125 sqm, lol mine is 22sqm.

I got used to it and could do with more space at times.

Pre covid really no noise, my place probably the noisiests as when GF screams at me there is no way of stopping her :wink: Now building very empty so hardly ever see anyone.

Advantages if you want them are a good size pool, walking track around the two buildings and pool area. Walk across the road for a beer or restaurant meal. Walk maybe 120 meters to Ayala mall. Plenty of security around.  Taxis out the front or around most times when needed. At the moment too many with no customers but not just condo living its about location.

Living in a condo on some backstreet probably doesn't have as many advantages except security in the building but once you leave the building the area may be worrisome.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I love it here. 

If the picture is to be believed, you are the only one alive there. :cryingwhilelaughing_anim: Must be nice.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

alta view.jpg

Snowy's living the life. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Freebie said:

Condos provide convenience but they come with limitations. The biggest plus is that its in MY NAME so selling is relatively  easy ( though when you actually sell them there is amass of documentation required and incredible number of forms and contracts to sign ..)

Interesting, maybe depends on location as I have just sold mine to my partner, took all of a couple e mails to my attorney mate, about 15 minutes to sign a few papers and done. We are in Bacolod.