Buying a house/condo for your Filipina's family

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2021 at 8:26 PM, Gandang Smile said:

Question is: how "good" and "righteous" is for a Christian family to move into a house that doesn't belong to you, and after promising your son inlaw to help sell it?  

Well probably no one can sell it as it was in the high price range so the good family discussed that it was better to move in and act as security until they find a buyer. Also makes it easier to show the prospective buyers through the house.

Besides the carabao helps keep the grass down. :whistling:

• Haha 5

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, BC57 said:

#1,2,3, so what. He can still support the child but somehow needs to make sure the child is actually being taken care of my the lying wife. She lost all credibility as being a trustworthy wife! He can find a new love in a second in the PH and he will rapidly forget his current wife. If he stays with his wife the day will come when he will looks back and says, I should have left you long ago!

I can't agree with you more. If I were in that kind of situation, I would be upset towards my wife/partner. I think my friend is upset and frustrated but he is kind of telling himself the lie that, after all, he's helping his wife's extended family and everybody is happy.

Again, nothing wrong with helping the Filipina wife's family to some extent. It's the element of deceit that I wouldn't be able to stomach. I think my friend is in a similar position, just frustrated that he is back home and cannot do much about it. Even if they call the barangay or the police to remove wife's family from the 13M home, there's no guarantee that the family won't be back after bribing a couple of official, or won't willingly vandalise the property.

Even then, it would tale a very clever and honest broker to clean up the mess and put the house back on the market.

I think that, deep down, my friend is resigned, both about the dishonest "Christian wife" and the house. 

• Like 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well probably no one can sell it as it was in the high price range so the good family discussed that it was better to move in and act as security until they find a buyer. Also makes it easier to show the prospective buyers through the house.

Besides the carabao helps keep the grass down. :whistling:

That is a "good faith" explanation of the story and I hope that was the case. That the family always acted in my friend's best interest, it's a bit hard to believe...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

That is a "good faith" explanation of the story and I hope that was the case. That the family always acted in my friend's best interest, it's a bit hard to believe...

Hmm well actually it was tongue in cheek. 

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Hmm well actually it was tongue in cheek. 

I thought just the carabao bit was :laugh:

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

I thought just the carabao bit was :laugh:

I thought they used halters and harnesses with carabao... not bits like a horse :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Old55 said:

It's not easy for me to agree with you BC but I think you are correct. Makes it so difficult her having a child. I'd be curious what others think.... Do you leave or stay for your kid? That's a tough call. 

Leave.  Love is blind but he'll get taken to the cleaners again.  Pretty soon there will be medical emergencies and etc.  How much money is enough to these kinds of people?  Answer: There's never enough.

I thank God every day that my wife isn't a sucker for her family.  She helps a little but has limits and if they're lazy...she doesn't help at all.

• Like 2

Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2021 at 4:57 PM, hk blues said:

I wonder if the same guys were equally oblivious in their own countries - I suspect yes.

As in the old chestnut: No matter where you go, there you are.

This is all rather weird to me. Especially the 13M price tag as that's what we're asking for our house and lot in Davao.

I have my MIL and a SIL here and was initially surprised when we first arrived here in 2014 that my MIL wasn't just "bringing a girl to be a helper" (that didn't work out) but was also going to stay. It doesn't bother me as my MIL is a great cook and my SIL is a whirling dervish of housework all day.

I don't think I built the house for them. We certainly won't be leaving or building another until we sell this one so the only ones who will get it are the new owners.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

One advantage of being a miserable bad-tempered old man: Nobody wants to live with you.  :mocking:

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, graham59 said:

One advantage of being a miserable bad-tempered old man: Nobody wants to live with you.  :mocking:

And they won't mess with your nice garden. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1