Condo Living, Illogical Policies, and Privacy

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Our sub-division has a bizarre policy where a gate pass is required for stuff coming in (fair enough) but not for going out! 

I asked numerous times why - each time being told for resident's security.  When I tried to explain why this policy did little to support that they looked at me like I was talking a different language.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

KenM
Posted
Posted (edited)

I let an authorized friend stay in the condo the last weeks to use the pool Etc. She has stayed there many times and watches my dog. Last night when she went to leave with her small suitcase and backpack they were lying in wait for her. And refused to let her leave with her things. Apparently they had orders from the owner not to let her take her things. The management has been messaging me to fill out some form for them. Offended by their previous behavior I ignored them. So they retaliated against her. She’s 4’10 and less than a hundred pounds. She called me scared. When I got there I found her surrounded by at least six large men preventing her from leaving with her things. For a Filipina leaving without her things is not an option. So they were preventing her as well. I don’t care what county you are in, that is wrong. I took her bag and told them if they touched me I would use force to defend myself. One of the guards stood in front of me in a menacing manner. He was angry. But he eventually moved out of the way. I must admit my tone and language revealed my anger let’s just say. This morning the landlord had the gaul to ask that I or she come over to sign his checkout inspection form implying that he might not return the deposit moneys.  I have extensive photos of the unit in a very clean state. So I told him I’d see him in court if he made false claims about the unit. For future readers looking for a condo to rent this is Solinea and the Ayala company. 

Edited by KenM
  • Hmm thinking 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, KenM said:

I let an authorized friend stay in the condo the last weeks to use the pool Etc. She has stayed there many times and watches my dog. Last night when she went to leave with her small suitcase and backpack they were lying in wait for her. And refused to let her leave with her things. Apparently they had orders from the owner not to let her take her things. The management has been messaging me to fill out some form for them. Offended by their previous behavior I ignored them. So they retaliated against her. She’s 4’10 and less than a hundred pounds. She called me scared. When I got there I found her surrounded by at least six large men preventing her from leaving with her things. For a Filipina leaving without her things is not an option. So they were preventing her as well. I don’t care what county you are in, that is wrong. I took her bag and told them if they touched me I would use force to defend myself. One of the guards stood in front of me in a menacing manner. He was angry. But he eventually moved out of the way. I must admit my tone and language revealed my anger let’s just say. This morning the landlord had the gaul to ask that I or she come over to sign his checkout inspection form implying that he might not return the deposit moneys.  I have extensive photos of the unit in a very clean state. So I told him I’d see him in court if he made false claims about the unit. For future readers looking for a condo to rent this is Solinea and the Ayala company. 

Like most democracies, arbitrary detention is illegal in PI.  They could split hairs and claim they only wanted her possessions to remain but that's pretty shakey ground.

Straight out of the constitution:

The liberty of abode and of changing the same within the limits prescribed by law shall not be impaired except upon lawful order of the court. Neither shall the right to travel be impaired except in the interest of national security, public safety, or public health, as may be provided by law.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Petty guards.. nothing to do all day except look at their phones and act the tough guy. 

And filipinos see a guy in uniform and immediately obey all instructions which i find amusing.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, KenM said:

For a Filipina leaving without her things is not an option.

Not exactly a legal defense, but if she was authorized by your signature, then you'd be responsible for whatever she takes with her, so it seems the guards had no basis in the first place.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 1/31/2023 at 10:44 AM, Freebie said:

Petty guards.. nothing to do all day except look at their phones and act the tough guy. 

And filipinos see a guy in uniform and immediately obey all instructions which i find amusing.

It's not so much the uniform as the gun which does it for me!

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It's not so much the uniform as the gun which does it for me!

You mean the usually rusty piece of metal , and what appears to be the total lack of bullets.....Lol

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Freebie said:

You mean the usually rusty piece of metal , and what appears to be the total lack of bullets.....Lol

Yep, one of my BiL's is a security guard.  When I asked, he laughed. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

That depends I suspect where you're talking about.

One of security guards at the local bank along the highway adjacent to the subdivision always carries a polished (apparently) well maintained short barrel under and over type shotgun with about 6 (not old looking) plastic shells in an ammunition belt. 

The other one at the door is not armed and he's the one that opens and closes the door while the armed guard stands out of arms reach (the armed guys are always big too... western big not filipino big).

Not an unreasonable approach, but different to what is seen at many places.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That depends I suspect where you're talking about.

One of security guards at the local bank along the highway adjacent to the subdivision always carries a polished (apparently) well maintained short barrel under and over type shotgun with about 6 (not old looking) plastic shells in an ammunition belt. 

The other one at the door is not armed and he's the one that opens and closes the door while the armed guard stands out of arms reach (the armed guys are always big too... western big not filipino big).

Not an unreasonable approach, but different to what is seen at many places.

And outside RCBC main bank on Makati Ave there are gents with very large guns. Imagine a 5ft 5 Filipino with a gun way longer than his arms... its an interesting site..but those guns are serious.  Those are the guards I never even look at.

The reason is that that RCBC is a bank note repository with armoured trucks  (or armored for the others here ) entering and exiting to Basement 4 for note counting,  and thereafter distribution.

• Like 2