Amazon free shipping to Philippines

Gas
Posted
Posted

https://news.abs-cbn.com/amp/business/09/30/22/amazon-now-offers-free-shipping-to-philippines

MANILA — Global e-commerce giant Amazon said it now offers free shipping to the Philippines for select products if a cart meets the minimum $49 (around P2,800) order threshold.

Higher shipping fees to the Philippines have prevented some Filipinos from engaging in cross-border shopping.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

WoW!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I messed with it a little bit using some of the things I used Shipping Cart for last time.  The supplements I checked were free shipping.  My favorite underwear is not free. :sad:

Some of the Russel Athletic cotton t-shirts I like are not free, but others Russel Athletic synthetic blend t-shirts are free.  Hmmm.  The Aloha shirts I like are free but I am all stocked up now.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I messed with it a little bit using some of the things I used Shipping Cart for last time.  The supplements I checked were free shipping.  My favorite underwear is not free. :sad:

Some of the Russel Athletic cotton t-shirts I like are not free, but others Russel Athletic synthetic blend t-shirts are free.  Hmmm.  The Aloha shirts I like are free but I am all stocked up now.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to make a co-op of guys to place larger free (shipping) orders.  If I were still living there I might be interested.

Edited by intrepid

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, intrepid said:

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to make a co-op of guys to place larger free (shipping) orders.  If I were still living there I might be interested.

No need to go larger as long as you can make the $49 minimum.  That ain't much these days.  I have a few dog collars, watch bands and shirts in my basket for more than $49.  Also, the value should be less than p10,000 to avoid duties and taxes.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Problem is if you go over $200 then you get taxed by the Philippines. You can only import 13 of the same thing also or you are importing commercial quantities. 

• Like 3

Youngster
Posted
Posted

I’m glad. I was getting tired of getting poor quality Chinese made items through Lazada. Now I can get just slightly better quality Chinese made items through Amazon. 😀

Actually, I noticed Amazon’s free shipping deal several days ago and immediately ordered some items thinking they were running free shipping as a limited time promo, but I’m glad this appears is more of permanent thing.  Amazon just updated showing they shipped my stuff to Ninja Van. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

If Amazon keeps this up and continues to expand it, I predict that US Shipping Cart will go out of business.  I spent probably ~$200 on Shipping Cart fees in the recent months. All of it ordered on Amazon and sent to shipping cart.  Most of it could ship free now, like this camera I bought.  It is over $49 so boom, free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J4TNYV8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Other items don't have free shipping, yet.  It seems to have something to do with the seller.  For instance, I wanted a silicone spatula.  Some have free shipping, some don't, so I pick one with free shipping.  The non-free sellers want Philippines business they will need to step up.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Youngster said:

I’m glad. I was getting tired of getting poor quality Chinese made items through Lazada. Now I can get just slightly better quality Chinese made items through Amazon.

What you really should say is it's great you can now pay a little more for the same cheap quality stuff!

Personally, I have no issue with Lazada other than their delivery fees. When I order I know pretty much what to expect based on the price. When you see a "name brand product" for 10% of the real cost you really cannot complain when it's fake. I've never experienced an issue with items purchased, but I read the details and don't just look at the pic - they can be misleading. 

(Actually I have been conned once when I bought a plant pot which I thought was a pack of 5 based on the pic - if I'd read the info I'd have been able to work out it wasn't  - lesson learned!)

P.S. I know your post was in jest Youngster.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Youngster said:

I’m glad. I was getting tired of getting poor quality Chinese made items through Lazada. Now I can get just slightly better quality Chinese made items through Amazon. 😀

I think that is generally true.  American companies who put their names on products actually made in China tend to hold them manufacturer to a higher standard and they must meet U.S. safety standards.

Out of curiosity, I searched Amazon for "Made in U.S.A. products" and over 100,000 come back.  Quite a bit of women's clothing.

Somethings just can't be found on Lazada so Amazon is a better option then.  Large size clothes for men that fit an American butt, for instance.  Shirts in American sizes that are true to the size.

• Like 1