SRRV or 13A visa?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

It should be noted that there is also an annual fee for SRRV holders.  You would need to exit/enter quite a few time to eat up $360 in a year.   I am on a 13A so but I wonder how the annual SRRV cost compares to the annual cost of extensions on a tourist visa?  Can a forum member who tracks expenses answer?

<snip>

An annual fee of $360 (up to three family members) and $100 for each additional dependent. The PRA can process your retiree visa application in as little as 15-days.<end snip>

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Mike J said:

It should be noted that there is also an annual fee for SRRV holders.  You would need to exit/enter quite a few time to eat up $360 in a year.   I am on a 13A so but I wonder how the annual SRRV cost compares to the annual cost of extensions on a tourist visa?  Can a forum member who tracks expenses answer?

<snip>

An annual fee of $360 (up to three family members) and $100 for each additional dependent. The PRA can process your retiree visa application in as little as 15-days.<end snip>

That is one reason I am not a fan of the normal SRRV.  But take another look at the SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY for veterans.  Its the only one that I feel is much, much better than the 13a

temp.jpg

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Do you have a source for seniors and PWDs only? I'm neither and my agent does it for me, I don't think these are strict rules.

However the following one is ( or was)

For which SRRV? Everything online says police clearance abroad is required, no stipulations or qualifications. I'm looking for a gov source, and all I have is the actual form, which lists both police clearance and NBI

I obtaind the classic and at no time was asked for any police clearance, perhaps the sites your looking at are out of date as is often the case here.  The NBI was a bit of a hassle but mostly just time consuming.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

it would be very difficult to get a Police Clearance from the UK, no doubt being made more difficult by me being in the Philippines at that time, they just told me to go to my local Barangay Office with my passport and request a Barangay Letter of Residence.  Once I had done this I just had to take it to my local Police Station and request a Police Clearance.  

3 hours ago, RBM said:

I obtaind the classic and at no time was asked for any police clearance

PRA still has it as a basic requirement on their current form though, did you leave that blank?  It's possible they became more lenient post-covid, I suppose anyone interested in an SRRV now would need to ask first.

5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY for veterans.  Its the only one that I feel is much, much better than the 13a

Without question, former military should always go SRRV, great advantages from being a desired resident. Everyone else would have to decide if it's worth spending up to $50,000 to never deal with Immigration again. Tempting...

• Like 4

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2022 at 8:45 PM, Eddie1 said:

they just told me to go to my local Barangay Office with my passport and request a Barangay Letter of Residence.  Once I had done this I just had to take it to my local Police Station and request a Police Clearance. The Police Clearance was processed quickly and with no issues.    

Good reminder @Eddie1, that sometimes there are rules, and then occasionally theres common sense. Glad it worked out in your case.

• Thanks 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2022 at 6:25 PM, Mike J said:

In my case the SRRV annually costs me less than tourist extensions but that may not apply to everyone. The BOI office I used would only extend 60-90 days, depending on who was in charge of the office.  Additionally, unless you paid for the "express fee" that meant 2 trips to BOI to get your renewal every 60-90 days.

I renew my SRRV easily each year. Agent charges me 1000php and has it done in less than week, delivered by courier to my house.

There have been questions about police clearance requirements. When I got mine they said if I had been in Philippines over a year I didn't need it but when I applied I had to produce one. At the time I had a copy of my state clearance which was obtained on line. It was a bother to get it apostilled and sent to me here though. NBI clearance was easy but I wish I had taken my own hand cleaner as they used a LOT of fingerprint ink.

I have thought about getting my 13A thus freeing up the $10000 deposit but BOI here told me I have to make a few trips to Manila BOI to do that.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
ShaneArl
Posted
Posted

Leaving the military soon.  When I initially come down there for the first time which visa should I obtain?  or just get a normal travel visa?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi Shane welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

As an American you only need an airline ticket, US passport and money to visit Philippines for up to 30 days.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2022 at 12:35 PM, Greglm said:

There have been questions about police clearance requirements. When I got mine they said if I had been in Philippines over a year I didn't need it but when I applied I had to produce one.

Who gave you the false info that you didn't need one?

On 11/2/2022 at 12:35 PM, Greglm said:

I have thought about getting my 13A thus freeing up the $10000 deposit but BOI here told me I have to make a few trips to Manila BOI to do that.

You don't have to make even one trip, an agent can handle everything and when they do, your local Immigration office sends everything to Manila.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Who gave you the false info that you didn't need one?

I dunno but we'll ask our independent fact checkers.  Guys?  What do you think?